Looking pretty good.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like it.. any idea on price?
Old 10-29-2014, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This car has been rumored and testing for YEARS. I know we are now seeing it on the track, but until I see it on a dealer lot, I'm still calling it vaporware.

Originally Posted by SCott5
I like it.. any idea on price?
Given the top price of an ATS currently (just shy of $60K), and Cadillac's current pricing structure of "if you can't afford our price increases, **** off," my guess is probably $69,999. Basically the same price as the gen 2 CTS-V.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z Fury
This car has been rumored and testing for YEARS. I know we are now seeing it on the track, but until I see it on a dealer lot, I'm still calling it vaporware.
Nice... it looks like a V, for sure.

Given the top price of an ATS currently (just shy of $60K), and Cadillac's current pricing structure of "if you can't afford our price increases, **** off," my guess is probably $69,999. Basically the same price as the gen 2 CTS-V.
Ouch! I don't think I'd ever be interested at that price. The CTS-V is way more car and, no offense to Cadillac, but this car is uglier than a 70mph bug hitting the windshield! The CTS-V (sedan) was and remains the pinnacle Cadillac in my opinion.

I do like what I could see of the seats in this ATS though.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Nice... it looks like a V, for sure.

Ouch! I don't think I'd ever be interested at that price. The CTS-V is way more car and, no offense to Cadillac, but this car is uglier than a 70mph bug hitting the windshield! The CTS-V (sedan) was and remains the pinnacle Cadillac in my opinion.

I do like what I could see of the seats in this ATS though.
Unfortunately, this is the new Cadillac. They hiked the price of the newest CTS car, and when they were criticized by potential buyers (owners of the outgoing model), Cadillac responded with "these aren't the type of customers we're trying to attract." I understand Cadillac wanting to move upstream in prestige, but that should be done gradually, and not by alienating your loyal customers.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z Fury
Unfortunately, this is the new Cadillac. They hiked the price of the newest CTS car, and when they were criticized by potential buyers (owners of the outgoing model), Cadillac responded with "these aren't the type of customers we're trying to attract." I understand Cadillac wanting to move upstream in prestige, but that should be done gradually, and not by alienating your loyal customers.
I agree that they're doing it wrong in any sense that they're not trying to attract those customers. There's much more in my mind on this, but I'll let the majority go for now.

What sucks is... greed. It isn't enough to just offer the outstanding vehicle they do at a profit... they want a massive profit and the "bean counters" or whoever sets pricing don't even seem remotely aware. It isn't just Cadillac either. GM has raised pricing considerably over the past yr or so.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:57 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I quite like it. From seeing the base ATS, I have been hoping to see a V version. Looks just as good as I imagined!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-02-2014, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks sick! & love that they're making a 2 door ATS
Old 11-03-2014, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good. The twin turbo V6 kills it to me though. It should have a V8.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Double-aught_Z/28
Looks good. The twin turbo V6 kills it to me though. It should have a V8.
I completely agree, but GM is targeting the M2/M3 with this car, which have turbo-6s. I'd guarantee that's why they went this route, but I'd rather see an LT1 in there too.

Quick Reply: ATS-V With No Camo