Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

600+ hp 2017 Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
Yes, 1.333 seconds ahead of the #2-finishing Corvette DP in a 24-hour race is easily construed by logical individuals to consummate the designation of "well ahead."

Secondarily, although few will understand, and most will resort to drooling volleys of "butthurt," the #3-finishing Corvette DP was forced to pit due to a time allotment with under 20 minutes remaining, causing it to lose standing.
lol. the chevy finished in third.

they had a yellow three laps before the end.

eco boost pitted for fuel and came out three seconds ahead.

cruised to an easy win. WIN not third.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I most certainly figured you'd throw in "won by a ****-hair".
I disapprove of that phraseology, -Albatross-.

Originally Posted by -Ross-
USA all the way.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
And the C7R won the GTLM class finishing 1st and 3rd.

Oops, sorry, still applying preparation H
the corvette CxR has always won. very dominant.

not sure they will win many more when the GT races if it's in the same class.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Dayum... I didn't watch(I guess I live to close to care) and wouldn't likely have known. Impressive, don't care who ya are. Also, I agree that the GT setup is 100% about winning races, but we should stipulate, that's a class specific build by design. One could argue Ford didn't think it could win in a class w/ V8's for the 24hr LeMans... I wouldn't think that, but some will.

Hold up now... You could get a 3/4 cam for a Ford? Nahhh... ain't no way mane... that would make it impossible for Chevy to win!

Everyone knows, diesels put out too much noxious gases to continue using. otherwise, they'd RULE DA WORLD! jest:

Not sure what you're saying... are you saying a Corvette was in the lead and if it hadn't been forced to stop(presumably by rule), it would've won?

1.333 seconds for a win means... the 1st loser was CLOSE! Seriously though, that's a close race and I think that likely looked really good to those on hand... if they really knew who or what was positioned where, which isn't always easy for people over the course of an endurance race.
NO the chevy was behind the eco boost the last hour. then pitted because of bad planning for driver limits and then had a penalty stop for pitting under the yellow.

the chevy had to pit and change frivers. if done under green they lose a lap.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it seems that the Corvette had to pit and that took it out of contention, planning failure or not. I have to believe then, had it pitted earlier, there's still the strong chance of the exact outcome that happened.

Then again, foolishly or otherwise, I didn't watch. I never watch endurance races because they take too damned long! I get the idea, but that's why I don't watch. I mean, I can watch NASCAR... those are all endurance races, but only take about 3hrs to complete since there's a finishing lap.

KUDOS to whatever Ford that was... in fact, which was it, a GT?
Never mind. I just looked at the pics... Scot Dixon... I've heard he's good. While I don't think I'd call that a GT, it's got similarities for sure.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by It'llrun
So it seems that the Corvette had to pit and that took it out of contention, planning failure or not. I have to believe then, had it pitted earlier, there's still the strong chance of the exact outcome that happened.

Then again, foolishly or otherwise, I didn't watch. I never watch endurance races because they take too damned long! I get the idea, but that's why I don't watch. I mean, I can watch NASCAR... those are all endurance races, but only take about 3hrs to complete since there's a finishing lap.

KUDOS to whatever Ford that was... in fact, which was it, a GT?
Never mind. I just looked at the pics... Scot Dixon... I've heard he's good. While I don't think I'd call that a GT, it's got similarities for sure.
not a GT.

but the GT will race 2016 lemans.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

What I'm curious about is, were the Corvettes in a higher class, or lower than this one? I've read the model now, but little else and I can't even remember that... prototype or something.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THe C7-R that finished second was in a lower class.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
The "P" Prototypes are in a different class than GTLM where the C7R runs.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

That's cool, especially if the Corvette has been beating that class if late and it seems it has... for quite some time.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the vette were Daytona prototypes NOT C7R. they are winged wonders like the winner.

1. (2) Scott Dixon/Tony Kanaan/Kyle Larson/Jamie McMurray, Riley DP Ford EcoBoost, 740 laps, 109.693 mph

2. (4) Joao Barbosa/Sebastien Bourdais/Christian Fittipaldi, Corvette DP, 740, 109.692

3. (7) Ricky Taylor/Jordan Taylor/Max Angelelli, Corvette DP, 740, 109.608

4. (10) Richard Westbrook/Michael Valiante/Mike Rockenfeller/Guy Cosmo, Corvette DP, 734, 108.724

5. x-(24) Jan Magnussen/Ryan Briscoe/Antonio Garcia, Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, 725, 107.443

6. (27) Bill Auberlen/Dirk Werner/Augusto Farfus/Bruno Spengler, BMW Z4 GTE, 725, 107.442

the second place DP Vette was well behind the ECO boost when the yellow was waved.

well behind being a 1/4 lap or so.

I actually watched the race.

Last edited by assasinator; 01-27-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

C7R was in 5th overall with a BMW catching it in the last laps.

the C7r finished 15 laps behind the overall winner.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by assasinator
the second place DP Vette was well behind the ECO boost when the yellow was waved.

well behind being a 1/4 lap or so.

I actually watched the race.
You're right. I think I have it figured out... 1st, I went and did some reading. The more I read, the more it looked like the Ecoboost team just coasted for a win, far enough ahead near the end it wouldn't much matter, so... don't screw up, keep the car in the track, no damage... game over. WIN!

I kinda figure the same scenario took place with the 5th place C7R, knowing they had the class wrapped up... coasting.

What didn't make sense to me is, how the heck a C7R ran with a car like that one... now I know, they didn't. Pictures of this are kinda rare... weird.

Quick Reply: 600+ hp 2017 Ford GT