Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

january a strong sales month for mustangs.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default january a strong sales month for mustangs.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...76#post8209776
Old 02-03-2015, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at that earlier and the only thing that got me was... laughter at the comments! Many are of the mindset that the sales numbers are soon to change, apparently not aware it will be months before the 16 hits dealers or that Camaro #'s were totally in line... and... they're clearly not considering that Mustang just went on sale overseas and those numbers aren't included by all indications.

Someone mentioned the "fire sale" for Camaro and that was disputed. I looked just yesterday and $1,750 off or 3.9%(60mo) is what I saw, not seeing limitations, but they were talking about a December and early Jan sale @ 20% off and I wasn't aware of that in the least. Then there was the 'Yeah, but Mustangs are for women and that's why the sell more." nonsense, till someone showed the take rate in NY of 72% men for Mustang. Camaro didn't make the top 10 list, but we know from another recent article, more women are buying it than ever before. I think that's a great thing and any argument otherwise is merely a lame attempt at machismo.

At any rate, Mustang sales were strong, particularly for a January, and much is because it's a new model. Camaro sales weren't at all bad either... 5.5% higher than last year. It just looks bad since it's lopsided. I see nothing wrong with it and wouldn't even think of panic if I were GM. A new model is coming and the current is doing fine.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

lol GM and its dealers arent discounting 5th gens that much. right now i can use 2k of my gm points and i have a $1500 loyalty bonus and i qualify for a supplier discount through my employer.

when you combine them which im told i can that isnt a ton with a new model coming soon.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Well, like I said... all I saw was $1,750 or 3.9% for 60mo. @ 20% off, I'd probably get one... nahhh...
Old 02-03-2015, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Well, like I said... all I saw was $1,750 or 3.9% for 60mo. @ 20% off, I'd probably get one... nahhh...
i called a local dealer. that 20% off was vehicles that were sitting awhile. nothing i wanted.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
i called a local dealer. that 20% off was vehicles that were sitting awhile. nothing i wanted.
With that, it wasn't really a sale... maybe we could actually call it a fire sale, but it wasn't a Chevrolet "every dealer" sale. It probably didn't apply to any dealerships near me, being in Florida.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by It'llrun
With that, it wasn't really a sale... maybe we could actually call it a fire sale, but it wasn't a Chevrolet "every dealer" sale. It probably didn't apply to any dealerships near me, being in Florida.
someone on camaro5 said they either bought a zl1 or saw one at a dealer for 20% off lucky bastard whoever got that.

whoomp. there it is!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389168

though its out of my affordability range i wouldve made this purchase and touged it out.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:53 PM
TECH Addict

I would absolutely like that one myself. Since I've retired, I don't think I'm going there anymore. I do wonder though, if it's still there. Ohh... tempting.

Quick Reply: january a strong sales month for mustangs.