Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2005 G35 shocks industry with power upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2005 G35 shocks industry with power upgrade!

A whopping 15 hp!.......well I'm shocked....THAT ITS SO FRICK'N LOW!, I mean serriously what the point? IMOHO the G35 is a fantastic car in dire need of a 350+ hp V8, heck just put the M45 motor in there.....ugh......

Anyhow from Autospies.

Hot! As predicted by Auto Spies: 2005 Infiniti G35 facelift announced

Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe and Sport Sedan Offer Enhanced Performance, Refined Interiors For 2005

Infiniti, Nissan’s luxury division, today announced a number of significant enhancements to its popular G35 sport coupe and G35 sport sedan for the 2005 model year in North America. The changes include the introduction of a new coupe Sport model, a redesigned exterior appearance for the sedan and a redesigned instrument panel and console area with aluminum trim or optional wood trim on both the 2005 G35 coupe and G35 sedan.

Another major enhancement for the new model year is an increase in power for all G35 sedans to 277 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque (from 260 hp/260 lb-ft). The G35 sedan lineup, which added a new all-wheel drive version in the 2004 model year, also receives new exterior styling for 2005 – featuring a new hood, grille, bumpers, side sills, taillights and wheels.

The G35 coupe’s new Sport model will be available in an advanced 5-speed automatic transmission or with a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission. The Sport 6MT model receives an additional 15-plus horsepower over automatic-equipped G35 coupe’s standard 280 horsepower, bringing its power to the 295-horsepower range (final figures to be released later).

In addition, the manual transmission design on both coupe and sedan models has been improved to provide a lower shifting effort.

The 2005 G35 sedan will be offered in four models, each equipped with a standard 3.5-liter V6, 4-wheel independent suspension and the refined exterior. For 2005, the sport-tuned suspension package has been upgraded with 18-inch lightweight cast aluminum wheels with 235/45R18 tires and drilled aluminum pedals.

The G35 coupe will be offered in three models for 2005, Coupe, Coupe Sport A/T and Coupe Sport 6MT. Both Sport models include a new sport-tuned suspension, Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (V-LSD), 19-inch forged aluminum-alloy wheels and drilled aluminum pedals.

“Infiniti built its reputation on a stunning combination of powerful rear-wheel and all-wheel drive vehicles and outstanding customer service,” said Mark Igo, vice president and general manager, Infiniti Division. “The G35 has been a key element in our recent product line expansion and with the enhancements for 2005, our product momentum remains strong.”

The 2005 Infiniti G35 sedan and coupe with automatic transmissions are scheduled to be available at Infiniti dealers in North America beginning in October 2004. Manual transmission equipped models will go on sale in December 2004.

The announcement came during the Nissan 360 news media event, a three-week program in San Francisco featuring the automaker’s current and future worldwide product and business plans. At the event, about 500 reporters had the opportunity to drive nearly 70 Nissan and Infiniti vehicles to familiarize themselves with the breadth of Nissan’s global product lineup.

We'd love to hear your feedback. Do you like it? Anything still missing to make these the perfect cars?
Old 06-04-2004, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

They should have offered the 45 motor in the G35.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BadAndy
They should have offered the 45 motor in the G35.
I agree, I would buy a "G45" over a GTO any day of the week.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm, I wonder how much more the V8 weighs than the V6? In any case if you guys are looking for more power the Nissan GT-R is supposed to hit the streets in '07-'08 packing a twin turbocharged VQ V6. Early rumors had it packing a version of the VK V8 but it looks like they will be turbocharging the V6 instead. Who knows. In any case, 15 more hp for the G35C most definitely means more hp for the 350Z. Awesome news. I like the new fascia on the G35S but those wheels have got to go.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
Hmm, I wonder how much more the V8 weighs than the V6? In any case if you guys are looking for more power the Nissan GT-R is supposed to hit the streets in '07-'08 packing a twin turbocharged VQ V6. Early rumors had it packing a version of the VK V8 but it looks like they will be turbocharging the V6 instead. Who knows. In any case, 15 more hp for the G35C most definitely means more hp for the 350Z. Awesome news. I like the new fascia on the G35S but those wheels have got to go.
The Skyline GTR is probably one of my favorite cars of all time (R34 and R33), but the price Nissan mentioned for the R35 is way high ($65K).

-Adam
Old 06-05-2004, 04:58 AM
12 Second Club

High end 'Lac territory. I say that's no competition. Skyline will never have the Pimp Juice a caddy does. Course, it may have some other kind of juice.......
Old 06-05-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

While the Skyline GT-R moniker does have a following, I doubt the people who actually know what a GT-R is will have that kinda cash for one. $65k seems really high though. The R34 sold for around $50k US in Japan but people desperate enough for one in the states would shell out $90k for a stock R34. The V35 GT-R details are still being worked out. I really doubt the price jump would be that significant, but I also heard that Infiniti is asking about receving the car over Nissan. Me wonders if Nissan would move the V35 GT-R over to Infiniti in America even though it has a large following as a Nissan here already. Then again, people would probably just rebadge them in the way they rebadge G35s to V35 Skylines.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

The new M45 is going to be basicly a G35 with the V8. Heck the FX45 is the same chassis, so the V8 will fit. My wife drives a G35 sedan, and its a great car when I get a chance to drive it. A G35 coupe with the V8 would be really sweet.

Bruce

Quick Reply: 2005 G35 shocks industry with power upgrade!