Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

More Power to the Impreza...and less wing too.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default More Power to the Impreza...and less wing too.

Picture here:
More Power To The Impreza

The race to produce the ultimate Japanese performance saloon is hotting up. This is the facelifted flagship Impreza, and it promises to be one of the most hardcore Subarus ever. However, the changes are hard to spot - the only visual update is slightly wider rear wheelarches.

It's badged STi, and the extensive mechanical makeover includes Driver Controlled Centre Differential, which allows power distribution to be altered between the front and rear wheels. The suspension has also been reworked for better handling, and there's a sportier limited slip differential at the front wheels.

Subaru's legendary flat-four turbo remains, but performance will be improved thanks to an increase in torque in the lower rev range. UK sales begin later this year.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/
Old 06-16-2004, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

I wish they'd get rid of the ridiculous scoop too. I personally think it should be a little more streamlined.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

It would make more sense to at least go "Shaker" style and face it backwards. Supposidly the base of the windshield is a higher pressure area than the middle of the hood anyways.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

i like it! like the scoop and the wrx spoiler better then the STI spoiler. if i had plenty of money burning a hole in my pocket i'd love to have one!
Old 06-17-2004, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

By far one of the more entertaining cars GM builds.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

Psh, yah right. A 20% interest in Fuji Heavy Industires does not give GM or anyone the right to call the WRX or any of its derivatives a vehicle GM builds. The WRX is pure Fuji Heavy Industries my friend. GM may be reaching into the pockets of ifs Scoobie partners for a WRX wagon clone in the form of the Saab 9-2x and lifting bits and pieces for its own vehicles (IIRC the prototype Pontiac Soltice used Subie bits in terms of a rack and pinion unit from a Rex) but as of right now, the WRX is pure Subaru. In fact I'm pretty sure GM has absolutely nothing to do with the WRX at all aside from jacking the wagon variant for a Saab clone.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
Psh, yah right. A 20% interest in Fuji Heavy Industires does not give GM or anyone the right to call the WRX or any of its derivatives a vehicle GM builds. The WRX is pure Fuji Heavy Industries my friend. GM may be reaching into the pockets of ifs Scoobie partners for a WRX wagon clone in the form of the Saab 9-2x and lifting bits and pieces for its own vehicles (IIRC the prototype Pontiac Soltice used Subie bits in terms of a rack and pinion unit from a Rex) but as of right now, the WRX is pure Subaru. In fact I'm pretty sure GM has absolutely nothing to do with the WRX at all aside from jacking the wagon variant for a Saab clone.
They don't have to be a 51% share holder to be the "Majority Share Holder". Those are two different things. If I owned 20% of GM Their CEO would be making me Coffee every morning.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the styling of the WRX, without it the car would just be another 4 banger.

Quick Reply: More Power to the Impreza...and less wing too.