Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GM Opens "Corvette/Cadillac" store in Europe.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GM Opens "Corvette/Cadillac" store in Europe.

Hmm... Corvette as it's own Brand.......Nah.....

Cadillac and Corvette showroom opens in London
http://www.just-auto.com/news_detail.asp?art=46387
Posted Nov 24, 2004, 6:13 AM ET by Walter J Keegan Jr.
Related entries: Car Buying, Economy

GM opened their first dedicated Cadillac and Corvette showroom in Europe starting a big push for the two brands there. The Corvette is sold as its own brand in Europe. Past attempts to sell Cadillacs in volume failed due to sharing showroom space with Opel/Vauxhall dealers which sell non-premium automobiles. The CTS will be sold as a Right-Hand Drive model in Europe while the Corvette and XLR will stay LHD. Picture and story from Just-auto.com.
I HATE membership only sites.

-Adam
Old 11-24-2004, 04:21 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Never would have imagined that happening. I know they share platforms, but floor space seems a little adventurous for GM.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I WISH they would make the Corvette it's own brand here. Take the Z06 and BlueDevil for example. Would you like to take your $60k+ (100k+ for BlueDevil) machine to a GM dealer who works on Cavaliers and Malibus? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'd want to go to a dealer that will take special care of my car. A Corvette only dealership would be fantastic.

I mean if they are really going to be producing 3 versions of the car... It would make sense. Porsche only produces like 5 cars. 5 different cars, but still. You can argue now that with the changes in the C6 Z06 from the base C6 and the BlueDevil that they are 3 different cars. (BlueDevil we know nothing about, but I'm just sayin').
Old 11-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think that the Corvette reasoning here is because GM markets cars in Europe under other brands than Chevrolet. My reasoning may be flawed but I'm thinking Opel is one of them.

Quick Reply: GM Opens "Corvette/Cadillac" store in Europe.