Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Official: Holden Commodore SV8

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Official: Holden Commodore SV8

You know I have to wonder if the 4-door Holden wouldn't just sell like hot cakes here in the states (forget the Catera it had no *****).

Holden is giving the Commodore SV8 a makeover to match the striking looks of its new six-cylinder performance hero sibling, the SV6.

To be released in February, the competitively priced Commodore SV8 also benefits from an increase in standard specification to better align with the SV6.

The decision reflects cus tom er feedback that most Holden performance car enthusiasts want to make a statement rather than blend into the crowd.

Alan Blazevic, Holden’s Marketing Manager Passenger Cars, said the move to give the Commodore SV8 the same sporty design cues as the popular Commodore SV6 was consistent with the company’s market-responsive philosophy.

“The Commodore SV6 has immediately struck a chord with buyers – so much so that our S car sales in November were 95 per cent up on the same month last year,” Mr Blazevic said.

“It’s very much our business to anticipate changes in cus tom er demand. Performance car buyers are becoming more particular about what they want in these high profile vehicles, and we’re determined to retain our winning edge in this market segment.

“We’re delighted with the response to our 190kW VZ Commodore SV6 and we are confident that V8 enthusiasts will be quick to appreciate what a great deal they’re getting with this revitalised Commodore SV8 sports package.”

The performance of Commodore SV8’s high output 250kW Gen III V8 engine will be highlighted by more overt sports styling cues –a deep front facia with fog lamps, large air dam with hexagonal mesh insert, mesh grille, black bezel headlamps, side and rear skirts and sports styled five-spoke alloy wheels.

The 2005 Commodore SV8 offers body-coloured exterior mirrors, leather wrap steering wheel, power windows all round, side impact airbags and sports styled or optional leather trim. Among new colour choices for 2005 is the brilliant Impulse blue to be shared with Commodore SV6 and SS.

Increases in power and torque delivered with the launch of the VZ Commodore SV8 and Commodore SS (250kW of power at 5600rpm, 470Nm of torque at 4800 rpm) were complemented by improved braking systems which feature Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution.

Holden’s high performance icon, the Commodore SS, gains extra comfort and convenience features for 2005 and maintains its status at the top of Holden’s performance pecking order. Equipment levels are boosted by the addition of single zone electronic climate control, a dash-top storage compartment and twin fold-out cup holders in the instrument panel.

The 2005 Commodore performance range will be available from 1 February 2005 .

Old 12-23-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Put a Chevrolet badge on it, release it here and it would sell like hotcakes. That's what GM already does in other parts of the world, yet we get screwed with our gutless, FWD Malibu and Impala...

Lumina SS sedan, 340HP LS1, RWD, IRS, six-speed manual available

I'd get it over a 300C, it's more my style and I like the performance as well as the mod potential.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

I beleive if GM did not try to sell the GTO as a GTO but, sold it as a Holden Monaro it would have sold much better.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ActionJack
I beleive if GM did not try to sell the GTO as a GTO but, sold it as a Holden Monaro it would have sold much better.
Pontiac G8.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TriShield
Pontiac G8.
With the G6 I thought the same.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TriShield
Put a Chevrolet badge on it, release it here and it would sell like hotcakes. That's what GM already does in other parts of the world, yet we get screwed with our gutless, FWD Malibu and Impala...

Lumina SS sedan, 340HP LS1, RWD, IRS, six-speed manual available

I'd get it over a 300C, it's more my style and I like the performance as well as the mod potential.
But thats just too logical. It will never happen. I would like to see ALL of the Holden V8 cars sold on both sides of the pond. It would help bring the price down with a greater supply/demand and more LS1 powered cars on the road is always a good thing.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they sold it in a 4 door over hear my wife would have one.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
But thats just too logical. It will never happen. I would like to see ALL of the Holden V8 cars sold on both sides of the pond. It would help bring the price down with a greater supply/demand and more LS1 powered cars on the road is always a good thing.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:05 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

They'd make a cooler-looking police cruiser!
Old 12-27-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
They'd make a cooler-looking police cruiser!

G'day.

Quick Reply: Official: Holden Commodore SV8