SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default More bad GM Press

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/19/au...rssnyt&emc=rss

Bleek times folks. Stay tuned.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Before GM goes and scraps Pontiac they should just release them so that Pontiac could do business on their own. This way the dealerships can stay in business too. I saw a new Grand Prix on the road yesterday. Now I know why Pontiac sales have been hurting.
Time for a new designer...

Buick is fucked unless it can pull off a Caddy-like resurrection.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:43 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Yeah, I know this isn't new news...but the fact that the NY Times has finally picked up on it means that it's more mainstream now.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Veteran

They will shed another brand, it's just a matter of time. Oldsmobile recieved new products too before it was cut.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My next vehicle is probably going to be a ford. I know GM is going through hard times right now, but some of their stuff is just BS. Like the SS badge, why???? Why would they slap it on a cobalt or even a malibu? And the SSR and HHR? WHY???? They really just don't care what comes out of the factory anymore. Do they even know what people want, or are they just slingin' crap they think will sell? It sure seems that way.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

If only they would make a cheaper Goat or Vette they could win me over. However, GM is majorly out to pasture. 2000 Silverado said it just like a I feel it.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:30 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the HHR. It will be a good product I think for Chevrolet. I also like the Equinox, but is it really needed to have the Torrent? Does Pontiac also need the SV6? The Solstice is a great car and should do comparitively well for Pontiac, but why does Saturn need the Sky? All that stuff has been brought up as the big problem for GM. Too many in house vehicles competing against eachother. It's silly.
  • Make Saturn the "import" brand for people to cross over from their Hondas and stuff into the GM realm.
  • Make Pontiac have ONLY cars that offer the "excitement" they supposedly tout around (and compete with the likes of Acura and Infinity).
  • DROP BUICK.
  • Give GMC ONLY the Sierra half-ton Denali, Yukon Denali, and Envoy Denali.
  • Leave Cadillac alone for now.
  • Do we really need a H3???
  • Does Saab offer anything worthwhile and does it make money?
  • Chevrolet needs to be the most important brand in the GM lineup. It's what everyone thinks when they think GM. Step the quality up BIG TIME and give us a 5th gen Camaro Did I mention step up the quality?
  • Oh yeah, and get that STUPID SSR OUT OF HERE!

Ok, I'm done.

FWIW, I'm buying a Ford to replace my Camaro - and yet, my family has owned GM's for at least 4 generations. Good job GM - win me back.

Last edited by DMNSPD; 04-23-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

I think we are all buying Fords to replace our Maros, we haven't a choice.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:38 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WECIV
I think we are all buying Fords to replace our Maros, we haven't a choice.
Sure we do, we can go buy a Corvette, GTO, or SSR.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder how much more GM can take before they're out of business. I give them 8-10 months.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

If they are destined to die, it will take a min of 5-7 years. They still have a respectable market share even though it has dwindled. Until new management can be installed, there is little hope. If Putz and ilk haven't figured out that they should have done something impressive 5-6 year ago, then they won't figure it out now. New designs and a broader vision will be necessary to revamp the General. They need to make every car, truck, minivan, and suv exciting affordable and do it all at once. This piece-meal crap will utlimately sink the company.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:24 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
Sure we do, we can go buy a Corvette, GTO, or SSR.
ditto
Old 04-24-2005, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Has the thought of selling Oldsmobile or Buick ever been in their mind? I mean both brands are sort of near extinct.. I'm sure SOMEONE out there would like to own a car brand though.. lol.

That would keep alot of workers.. car dealerships, issues such as that off of GM's back, along with put some money in their pocket.. despite the large losses. Afterall.. it wouldn't taken but one or two actually APPEALING vehicles to get buick and oldsmobile back into the game. Something that some businessman with enough intuition to do it could do with the right initial investment.

Peace,
Josh
Old 04-24-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Oldsmobile esta mucho defuncto...y muerte.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:48 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by distortion_69
Has the thought of selling Oldsmobile or Buick ever been in their mind? I mean both brands are sort of near extinct.. I'm sure SOMEONE out there would like to own a car brand though.. lol.

That would keep alot of workers.. car dealerships, issues such as that off of GM's back, along with put some money in their pocket.. despite the large losses. Afterall.. it wouldn't taken but one or two actually APPEALING vehicles to get buick and oldsmobile back into the game. Something that some businessman with enough intuition to do it could do with the right initial investment.

Peace,
Josh
Olds is already gone, and I think they would dump Buick before Pontiac. I dont even know actually why that is being brought up. As far as I know Pointiac is still a big money maker, though personally I dont think their new G6 is anythign to brag abut like they say it is. The concept was, not the production car though.

just my .02 tho,
Brad
Old 04-24-2005, 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

If GM cuts Pontiac and not Buick that would be BS. Here's the reason for the problem "Last year, the company spent more than $5 billion on health care alone." 5 f-ing billion dollars on health care for it's workers, retirees and families. No wonder they are in trouble, but the real question is why didn't they see this coming? It's not like it happened overnight. They need to get a CEO with a vested interest in GM and who really cares about making a difference; not some CEO-for-Hire.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:45 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
If GM cuts Pontiac and not Buick that would be BS. Here's the reason for the problem "Last year, the company spent more than $5 billion on health care alone." 5 f-ing billion dollars on health care for it's workers, retirees and families. No wonder they are in trouble, but the real question is why didn't they see this coming? It's not like it happened overnight. They need to get a CEO with a vested interest in GM and who really cares about making a difference; not some CEO-for-Hire.

Not to mention the worthless investments in the likes of Fiat
Old 04-26-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Would it have anything with the UAW?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrkPhx

$1500 per car on health care.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:15 PM
7 Second Club

Health care costs are a big problem,but loss of market share is worse.

I think they will lose even more market share with the goofy looking stuff they have came out with lately.

Quick Reply: More bad GM Press