Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

The new Hummer H3

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The new Hummer H3

what do you guys think about the new Hummers they are actually pretty big for being on the same platform as the Colorado. My dad sat in one and said the interior was pretty roomy.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:12 AM
9 Second Club

I kind of like them, we had an H2 and loved it... My only complaint it the engines in the H3, they need to put something in there with a little more power....
Old 09-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Same here...

I dig the H3 but the five cylinder motor versus the 300hp dohc inline six in the Envoy made the envoy the vehicle of choice.

Picked up an 05 envoy for chump change. Great truck...

Sunroof, Xm radio, polished rims...zero down 300 a month for 36 months 36K miles (did have 3500 in GM bonus points though)

The H3 was just coming out..the local dealer said no test drives and 5 grand over sticker. I told him at that point to blow me and bought the Silver Envoy.

Probably gets better gas mileage too...

Good family vehicle and rides great.

JMO
Old 09-13-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do agree on the motor and am thinking about either the H3 or the Envoy for my next vehicle just want something comfortable and one I wont mod much so that money can go to the SS. That all has to wait until I pay off the SS which is still two more years so every thing will be different by then anyways.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:25 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SSJIMMY
what do you guys think about the new Hummers they are actually pretty big for being on the same platform as the Colorado. My dad sat in one and said the interior was pretty roomy.
I've sat in a couple of them, and I kind of thought they were cramped on interior room. The lack of a V8 is a definite letdown. Maybe that's something they'll introduce on a later model.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:36 PM

I have an 02 ENVOY and a 05 H2 and they both are alot of fun...The H2 only has 500 miles on it so far and we love it!!!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Veteran

I've examined a couple and am very impressed with the overall execution.

It has a tidy look and a managable size. The interior is well done and pleasingly trimmed, hopefully the H2 will recieve an interior upgrade of this caliber.

I cannot comment on the performance but it sounds adequate, certainly nobody buys a Hummer for pure performance and the H2 isn't exactly quick or nimble with a V8. I hear there's a nice turbo kit available for the GM inline engines and would probably give the H3 a nice kick if you so desire.

Quick Reply: The new Hummer H3