Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Chevy vs Toyota vs Ford durability test.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 03:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chevy vs Toyota vs Ford durability test.

http://www.fquick.com/videos/Truck_Durability_Test/2463
Old 11-28-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats been posted before... Good demonstration of one more reason not to buy a Toyota. Ford looked like it has a really smooth solid ride with the chevy just about as good. The toyota looked like it was made of rubber!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

This reminds me of yesterday at a gas station. I was looking at some *******'s new fully loaded 4-door Tundra, as it went down an incline back onto the main road. The retard kept hitting the brakes, waiting for that 1/8 mile of clear road before he pulled out(typical car driver still getting used to such a big vehicle...), and noticed that the truck would bob up back and forth on its suspension each time he depressed the pedal.

I don't know about you guys, but I've NEVER seen a vehicle do this unless it's shocks are completely blown.

Yet another reason not to buy the Tundra!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Restricted User

That test was sponsored by Ford. Imagine that, the Ford looked the best.

I have no excuses for the Tundra, but I can say that if you really know what to look for, you'll notice that the Chevy actually performed the best. Slightly more bed resonance, but it was the only truck that kept it's front wheels planted through the entire course. Both the Tundra and the Ford lose front wheel contact several times...that's very dangerous. No matter how much the rear jumps and swings, the front tires can always bring it back if they have traction. If they don't, you are in for some scary ****.

Quick Reply: Chevy vs Toyota vs Ford durability test.