Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

found one more restriction on the 2009 V

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With air-to-air intercoolers the superficial spray would work great. Spraying air-to-water would have much less effect. But better to ice the holding tank.

GM must be testing twin turbo setup and he had a mental slipped up.

Since there is only a few hp gain with filter and intake assembly it looks like the pressure ratio is about 1.6 which puts it in the heart of the map. Add 3 psi and the most effiecient area is off the peak with a 1.8. You'll see more torque but not much hp gain during longer full throttle runs when the intercooler fluid heats up.
Attached Thumbnails found one more restriction on the 2009 V-tvs-1900.gif  
Old 01-04-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Norm '88 GT
With air-to-air intercoolers the superficial spray would work great. Spraying air-to-water would have much less effect. But better to ice the holding tank.
Thats what I was getting at. Centrifugal blowers or turbos have an air to air intercooler were the spray would be beneficial. A roots type that uses an air to water type would need the ice. Both can benefit from the cooler charge.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by raven154
Personally if you think spraying the intercooler is rice than your stupid. On the street yeah thats rice but on the track on a hot day, the spray can net a lot of extra hp whether you believe it does or not. All its doing is making the intercooler more efficient. Whats so rice or redneck about that? Why do race cars ice there intercoolers? Why do they ice the fuel? Because they think it looks cool? I suppose you think all power adders are rice? I guess nitrous is rice and my cold air intake is redneck because all the fast and the furious cars have it too?
Yeah, keep believing you look cool having your half retarded friend run up there to the starting line with his drawers near his ankles spraying NAWS on your FMIC. When he smiles you can see his fake gold fronts too. There are a lot better ways to make power than looking like you're on welfare. And you differentiating between using it on the street and the track to justify one as being rice yet the other as some kinda 'sweet setup' is downright laughable.
In this scientific method of tuning by blasting NAWS to cool the FMIC, how much and for how long netting how much power?
There IS a difference between making good power while building a good setup vs retards, rednecks, and rice that drift up to the line, shoot NAWS out into the atmosphere, flash a g-unit sign and yell "yeah yeah." So to answer your question , no, not all power adders are rice. If you can't get past that then end of discussion. There is no help for you.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by raven154
Thats what I was getting at. Centrifugal blowers or turbos have an air to air intercooler were the spray would be beneficial. A roots type that uses an air to water type would need the ice. Both can benefit from the cooler charge.
So say it than and don't wait for Norm to help. I thought you wanted to spray down a air to water IC??

I think the next gen of this will be to rig up a car wash type scaffold that sprays NAWS all up in the IC, hanging out in front of the car like, yeah, in the shape of a carrot. The driver could hit the button, have 10 bottles open up on his rigged up scaffolding rack while chasing the carrot all the way down the 1/4.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ubervette
Yeah, keep believing you look cool having your half retarded friend run up there to the starting line .....
Is there such a thing as half retarded?? Like kinda being pregnant.

Your writing style sounds familiar.....
Old 01-04-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

They do have a spray bar that mounts to the front of the intercooler that spays CO2 on the front of the intercooler. It looks very tasteful and is not at all rice. However you do see it more often on ricers as they are the prominent turbo market. On a track car it is a sweet setup because you dont have to worry about heat soaking the intercooler. I would never go out and spray the intercooler with a bottle of NO2 whether it is a street car or a race car. That dose look very stupid.

But as I said on a hot summer day yeah heat soak is an issue, the CO2 charge on an air to air intercooler can net a substantial amount of hp.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, keep believing you look cool having your half retarded friend run up there to the starting line with his drawers near his ankles spraying NAWS on your FMIC. When he smiles you can see his fake gold fronts too. There are a lot better ways to make power than looking like you're on welfare. And you differentiating between using it on the street and the track to justify one as being rice yet the other as some kinda 'sweet setup' is downright laughable.
In this scientific method of tuning by blasting NAWS to cool the FMIC, how much and for how long netting how much power?
There IS a difference between making good power while building a good setup vs retards, rednecks, and rice that drift up to the line, shoot NAWS out into the atmosphere, flash a g-unit sign and yell "yeah yeah." So to answer your question , no, not all power adders are rice. If you can't get past that then end of discussion. There is no help for you.
I'd just like to say from a long time racer that you're clueless.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by verbs
I'd just like to say from a long time racer that you're clueless.
Easy there Jethro, lest we drop the verbal BS and you step to only to get crushed by my time slips.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Is there such a thing as half retarded?? Like kinda being pregnant.

Your writing style sounds familiar.....

Yo pimpin...I see as always,....drama in the LAC forums.

lol.

wait4me..great OP man. Great info.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

lol.

Man you said it best. Why dont all of the other people posting useless info create your own post call it "I like to waste my and your time... alot" and let wait4me give real info to the people who want it, otherwise stop
Old 01-15-2009, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

lol.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

So if one wanted to put an LSA in an f-bod, LPE has handled the reluctor and harness conversion issues - and others are coming. Wet sump makes it easier for us too.

Only issue left I can see is intake/TB. Obviously, with the TB angle, you'd have to do some intake tract fabbing, but with some good silicone tubing and LSA airbox, or maybe an LT1 lid, it looks do-able. Would it be easier/more viable to use the DBW TB and just use a DBW gas pedal or to fab up a linkage for a cable actuated TB?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikels
Sorry, Norm, I should be more specific. When I speak of boost increase, I am speaking of density ratio increase (not pressure ratio increase).

So yes, if you increase pressure ratio, but adiabatic efficiency of the blower increases temperature to such an extent that density ratio drops, your will not make more power (less power if additional power to drive blower is not made up for by increased power).

To complicate it more, you also have to factor in the efficiency of the intercooler (if so equiped). More boost will always mean more heat (unless blower is changed). Intercoolers also create a pressure drop across the heat exchanger. Getting the correct 'balance' of pressure drop to temperature drop requires effort to do correctly.

If you want to make it real simple, spray face of the ICHE (intercooler heat exchanger) with nitrous when under boost. Density ratio will increase and power will go up. No other changes required.

Speed limits for superchargers are usually dictated by rpm limits of componants more so than compressor stall (like a turbocharger). Also, adiabatic efficiency of the blower will start to fall off as blower speed increases. Which leads to....another reason for the 2300 blower on the LS9 vs. the 1900 blower on the LSA. Running a higher boost level with the 2300 requires less rpm (and better adiabatic efficiency) than the same boost level with the 1900. Both are 6.2L engines, but differences are what was deemed neccesary to go from 556hp to 638hp and maintain required durability for 5 year 100k warranty.
Is that why a blower car will make more power with the decreased outside temperatures?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Just stop talking. Please.

Quick Reply: found one more restriction on the 2009 V