Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

time for tires!! which of these 5 would you buy?

Old 03-26-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

please take the V badges off the car when you put those wheels on, sorry but it just doesn't deserve them with those wheels. can't imagine them looking good but hey i hope they do for you.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HartmanV
Invo's dumdumdum... I run 245/275's, like stated above even wear... the NeoGens are horrible, other than the RT615's any Falken will have seperation issues.

Now I will bet good money and guarantee you will not have a 6" lip on those wheels unless you are running serious spacers and sticking them 4" past your fenders. Ignore the bling comments, I do not understand people who run 19" and then say 20" is blinged out! I run 20x8.5 and 20x10 and love how my car looks, I do not think they look to big. Now I understand 20" is not for a track car, and I do not have a track car at this point... So many "experts" here!
We all have our opinions, just like you, only difference is I'm right (j/k). Like I said above, it's his (your) car, do what you want with it.

BTW, on the track after a few weekends I nearly delaminated my RT-615's, so they are a very good street tire, but not so great at the track.

-Chris
Old 03-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
hope your getting a "DUB" sticker for your car.
lol

Originally Posted by donolar
bzo elites with inserts, heres a pic of them on a maxima,
Oh sweet, I hope you got some neon underglows too.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Invo's dumdumdum... I run 245/275's, like stated above even wear... the NeoGens are horrible, other than the RT615's any Falken will have seperation issues.

Now I will bet good money and guarantee you will not have a 6" lip on those wheels unless you are running serious spacers and sticking them 4" past your fenders. Ignore the bling comments, I do not understand people who run 19" and then say 20" is blinged out! I run 20x8.5 and 20x10 and love how my car looks, I do not think they look to big. Now I understand 20" is not for a track car, and I do not have a track car at this point... So many "experts" here!
simple!!! Show me some 20" rims made for the track! Then show me some 19" rims made for the track! the number of 19" rims that are track ready are far more then 20" rims... besides I can also provide about a hundred songs dedicated to the 20" rims....
Old 03-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

there isnt a track within 500 miles of here, so needless to say, i really dont need a track setup, mostly just like looks, hmm, underglo? now theres an idea, jk,,jk
Old 03-27-2009, 12:24 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no problem with 20's. The size of the wheel does not have anything to do with if it's "blinged out". It is the design of that wheel posted earlier. I think it is going to look like every other random car around here that people buy and slap some wheels on (Chrysler 300's, Magnums, Chargers etc.).

But, I also understand that people like what they like. I say get whatever you think that looks good, to hell with everyone else. Our opionions on YOUR car are not worth a velvet painting on a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

Many people are reviled by TTII's on F-bodies, but I wanted them ever since I was a kid. So, when I finally got a car, I put some on.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

The ZR1 has 19/20 setup, but needed to accomodate the huge brakes. With that said, IMO, your V should either be all about speed or bling, and the 20s do take away from its performance, and its intent to be a performance sedan. Then again, paint it orange and put faux side vents on it, its your car, enjoy it in the way you want.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Now I will bet good money and guarantee you will not have a 6" lip on those wheels unless you are running serious spacers and sticking them 4" past your fenders.
I agree with Hartman V here. Due to our backspacing, trailing arm placement, and huge Brembo brakes, nobody gets a large lip on wheels that will actually fit the Vs correctly. I could be wrong, but my guess is that you might end up with 2.5"-3" lip max. I would be very picky when you test fit those wheels because I don't think you are going to end up with what you really wanted. I am just trying to provide some information due to experiences and other people's experiences, not trying to flame.

Also, don't worry about the people taking crap about the 20" wheels. Do whatever floats your boat. While that size is not for me, I have seen a lot of Vs with 20s that do look really good.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Trukk- I agree your opinions are right! Actually I try to read every post you make because it seems so well informed J/K but I do respect your input.

Adaniel?- Do you even own a V yet to be commenting on others?

Now, to eat crow, I have to agree with pretty much everyones post about the current style of wheel the op has selected. No harsh feelings but on this vehicle you really need to invest if you want wheels, especially 20". You need to look at forged custom wheels, there a ton of quality companies out there. Just my opinion.

Sorry to thread jack but Trukk so you do like the RT's on the street? Looking for any feedback on these as this tire is becoming popular.
Jason
Old 03-31-2009, 12:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tweeter81
I agree with Hartman V here. Due to our backspacing, trailing arm placement, and huge Brembo brakes, nobody gets a large lip on wheels that will actually fit the Vs correctly. I could be wrong, but my guess is that you might end up with 2.5"-3" lip max. I would be very picky when you test fit those wheels because I don't think you are going to end up with what you really wanted. I am just trying to provide some information due to experiences and other people's experiences, not trying to flame.

Also, don't worry about the people taking crap about the 20" wheels. Do whatever floats your boat. While that size is not for me, I have seen a lot of Vs with 20s that do look really good.
how come you don't mention portholes in your list of mods??
Old 03-31-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Trukk- I agree your opinions are right! Actually I try to read every post you make because it seems so well informed J/K but I do respect your input.

Adaniel?- Do you even own a V yet to be commenting on others?

Now, to eat crow, I have to agree with pretty much everyones post about the current style of wheel the op has selected. No harsh feelings but on this vehicle you really need to invest if you want wheels, especially 20". You need to look at forged custom wheels, there a ton of quality companies out there. Just my opinion.

Sorry to thread jack but Trukk so you do like the RT's on the street? Looking for any feedback on these as this tire is becoming popular.
Jason
I'm on my third set of Falken Azenis RT-615's. IMHO they are an amazing tire for the level or performance that you get at that particular price point. Like I said, they aren't the greatest for the track (on a heavy car like ours). If you get the same size on all 4 corners, then you can rotate them, and they could be used for light track duty. Are they as good as PS2's, or RE-01R's?, definately not, but they cost a LOT less. They are very sticky (more so than the F1SC's that came with the car originally, and those were damned sticky), and are adequate in the rain (F1SC's were a serious white knuckle affair in the rain), and can't be beat at their price point.

-Chris
Old 03-31-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
how come you don't mention portholes in your list of mods??
Maybe because I don't have them on my car anymore. See if you can find my post about it over at the other forum.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tweeter81
Maybe because I don't have them on my car anymore. See if you can find my post about it over at the other forum.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: time for tires!! which of these 5 would you buy?