Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

HELP with DVD/Navigation Unlock!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with DVD/Navigation Unlock!

Anyone know how to unlock the DVD & Navi while driving on a 2005 CTS?? I'm looking for a V, only have a poor 3.6 at the moment...
Old 04-18-2009, 08:23 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Press right on the "Seek" button, and the 2nd from the bottom button (the ones with the white dots) to the right of the screen at the same time while the DVD is playing. It will enter some wierd mode, then you press those buttons again and the video will come back on. Release the brake and start driving.

PS - Don't do this while driving the car, only if the parking brake is broken and you want to watch a DVD.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Here are the steps to be driving, riding, and watching (Be safe, if you are diving, do not watch screen!!)

Step 1 Put in DVD.
Step 2 Play DVD (Do not leave it at the front menu, if you do not start the DVD you will not be able to start it after you begin to drive.)
Step 3 While playing - Hit the second from the bottom buttons on the right hand side of the DVD screen and then press the forward Seek Button. (You will see a little flicker)
NOTE: If you see a differnt screen with the words "cold reboot" on it, press the same button combination AGAIN and it should go back to the DVD...

Step 4 Now disable the parking break and make sure that the DVD stays on.
Step 5 Enjoy

If you did everything correct you will notice that all the features are disabled. If you are at the main menu of the dvd you will not be able to select play movie or any features.

If you would like to stop the dvd, you must hit the top right button first. Then it will bring up the safety lock if you are in motion or parking break off.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:15 PM

Thanks, I'll give those a try. Do you know if it disables the nav features too? Is it permanent or something I have to do every time??
Old 04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

You have to do the thing I posted everytime if you want to watch the dvd.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well if your playing a movie, the map disc is gonna be ejected so your def. gonna lose the nav function while watching movies.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

I must be doing something wrong because this didn't work for me. I will give it a try when I go out later tonight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP with DVD/Navigation Unlock!