Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Is an iPad in a CTS-V possible?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is an iPad in a CTS-V possible?

There has been a lot of talk about the usability of the iPad in cars. I took some measurements today and the specs of the ipad are really close to that of our current infotainment beast. I know there are a number of you that have/use apple products on here and I wanted to ask yall a couple of questions.

Do any of you have or know of any apps that can replace the CTS' information center (mpg, trip odom, etc.)? I'm sure there are a number of people that are totally against putting this huge distraction into a moving vehicle but I was thinking about it today. If I can replace my current head unit with an iPad but still maintain all of the features I think it is definitely worth looking into. Especially if that means I don't have to think about replacing my GPS DVD every year (only if you could hardwire the unit to our current antenna and not use 3G bullcrap). Can the iPad get GPS via the stock GPS antenna and an appropriate app?

It's possible that an iPad + Griffin Powermate = Bad *** (similar to the iDrive bimmer stuff)

Just wanted to see what people thought or if they knew of any current projects...
Old 05-20-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Itd be cool to have but there will never be a replacement for our Information ceneter with the warning and measurments(mileage etc)

Quick Reply: Is an iPad in a CTS-V possible?