Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Ricer Run In...I hate these fools

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Ricer Run In...I hate these fools

Heading back to my moms from the girls house...and I ran into a little retard ricer.

Driving west on I20 trough the Southwest Dallas, and a mid 90s Mitsubishi Mirage, with "neon" and a weed eater exhaust passes me. I didnt care, I had the cruise at 65 and the traffic was pretty thick for 11pm. But then this fool decided he was going to speed up and slow down...pass me, let me pass him...all this and I was in the center lane the whole time, while he was all over the road. As we come up to a clear area in the traffic, I have had enough of this retards shenanigans, so I drop the car into 4th and blow by his special ***. You would think he would have learned his lesson, but nooo. He "zooms" by me, at maybe 80. I am done messing with him, I did my one pull and he thinks he can hang because his car sounds like a giant fart. And I am laughing so hard at him.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE...

As I am getting into southeast Fort Worth, the ricer is doing the same things with a MB E Series (can't remember which one, but I think it was a 320). I pull up next to the MB and he is laughing and point at the car just like me. The MB blips his throttle a little bit and point at the Mirage. I laugh, and do another drop to 4th and blow by him one more time, and leave the MB in the review. This was the last time I saw him. I watched him a little in the review, and I saw him hanging back in between a couple cars (with the 2 left lanes open) at about 60. Maybe he has learn that there in no replacement for displacement. Just because you have a fart can, neon, and a spoiler does not make your car faster then a nice 6.0L V8...

Silly Ricers, Fours are for Kids.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Nobody has picked a fight with me yet...most just wind up staring at the car..I guess because they aren't exactly sure what it is and why its making all that noise
Old 08-19-2010, 02:32 PM
9 Second Club

I had a turbocharged Civic bugging me once at a light. He was in front of me and we were in traffic so I couldn't get around him. He kept getting on it and then slamming the throttle closed so I could hear his blowoff valve.

Anyway once I had a lane next to him I took off and he took off as I changed lanes to get around him. I had race gas in the car and my boost controller set to 23PSI with drag radials on the rear. I instantly put bus lengths on him and my tires were spinning then hazing then spinning then hazing as I peddled it. I looked back and I could see the smoke clouds. I slowed down and let him catch up to me. I asked him if he wanted to go again and he said "Nope! I think you emberrased me enough". He told me that his car actually runs 12.9's in the quarter which I told him was pretty damned impressive (car was gutted inside). He asked me what mine runs and I told him very low 9's. He was a bit shocked since my car looks pretty stock other than the cage inside. He asked what I think I would run on the tires I have on the car at that time and I told him low 9's. Again he was shocked.

He seemed to be a real nice kid and knew about turbos. He told me that if he ever gets the money he'd like to build something similar to what I have. It's his dream to get there.

So I may have converted one of the ricers out there. We can only hope.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

I love ricers. Every kid needs a role model

they pull up beisde me in either the v or the z, doesn't matter. I like to start in second or third to give em a chance lol

They never learn. I normally don't even give em a chance. Just ignore them, they are like a bad fly that will never leave you alone. Every now and then though I'll smoke em. Yesterday I was behind a civic with green pain and gray or was it gray and green. Had a "turbo" emblem on the back. Pulled beside him and he just stared. Couldn't play cuz I was taking the tx u-turn under 6. Oh well, he might have been legit, but The v wasn't scared lol
Old 08-19-2010, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

this guy I work with has a cobalt ss, and he was talking about how much is z rated tires were. I asked him WTH do you need z-rated tires, buy something cheap your car is slow. He informed me it would do 200+ I just laughed silently and nodded....

He asked how much my tires were, I told him one cost more then all 4 of his z rated lol
Old 08-19-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

a built civic with a guy that knows what he is doing isnt a ricer. he is a racer.

to me a ricer are those retards with the weed eater exhaust, neons, and the gaint wings. they think that adding those things will make there car fast then everyone else on the road. and most of them dont even know how to do a pull.

the guys that have a import, but know what it means to drive and race i have no issues with. like the guy chas talks about. he knew he was beat, and didnt want to egg on the situation any father. he sounds like the guy you want to run with on the strip in the import v. american...
Old 08-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Domsz06
this guy I work with has a cobalt ss, and he was talking about how much is z rated tires were. I asked him WTH do you need z-rated tires, buy something cheap your car is slow. He informed me it would do 200+ I just laughed silently and nodded....

He asked how much my tires were, I told him one cost more then all 4 of his z rated lol
I just traded an '09 Cobalt SS Turbo on my '05 V.

After 14 months of ownership, I hated that F'ing Cobalt with a passion, but it did move. My only power mod was a Trifecta Tune which pumped up the boost to 22psi, turned off the Torque Reduction, and raised my rev limiter to 7K. Otherwise stock down to the air filter.

I think (with the Tune) it was a bit faster than my V.

And FWIW, my old '06 Viper, which ran mid 11's @ 124 on street tires, lost to a Honda or two at the strip. One Honda in particular ran high 10's at 138, then he drove it home. Otherwise it was a POS rat trap, but a fast rat trap.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chasgiv3
I had a turbocharged Civic bugging me once at a light. He was in front of me and we were in traffic so I couldn't get around him. He kept getting on it and then slamming the throttle closed so I could hear his blowoff valve.

Anyway once I had a lane next to him I took off and he took off as I changed lanes to get around him. I had race gas in the car and my boost controller set to 23PSI with drag radials on the rear. I instantly put bus lengths on him and my tires were spinning then hazing then spinning then hazing as I peddled it. I looked back and I could see the smoke clouds. I slowed down and let him catch up to me. I asked him if he wanted to go again and he said "Nope! I think you emberrased me enough". He told me that his car actually runs 12.9's in the quarter which I told him was pretty damned impressive (car was gutted inside). He asked me what mine runs and I told him very low 9's. He was a bit shocked since my car looks pretty stock other than the cage inside. He asked what I think I would run on the tires I have on the car at that time and I told him low 9's. Again he was shocked.

He seemed to be a real nice kid and knew about turbos. He told me that if he ever gets the money he'd like to build something similar to what I have. It's his dream to get there.

So I may have converted one of the ricers out there. We can only hope.
Ha ha. That's a cool story. You've got one bad *** car.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

I was gonna say there are some scary fast civics in Chicago, gotta watch out...But then I looked at your signature.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, I've had a few run ins like that too.. love the look on there face afterwords...lol
Old 08-19-2010, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Ricers, i pull over to talk with them after the *** rippin. Just to here the excuses!!! Good story Cole
Old 08-19-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So far I've had no challengers in the V. Sad really, but I'd rather race at the strip when I get the turbos on and my motor built.

Come to think of it, nobody has ever tried to race me on the bike either. I'm guessing most ricers know how fast a car/bike is and won't race one for real. I think most just want to see how fast it is.

Also, a civic can be damn scary fast. I have some friends with turbo civics and some of them could probably pull my 600. They wouldn't stand a chance from a dig, or rolling against a 1000 though, but still that is pretty damn fast for an economy car.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Domsz06;13754352]I love ricers. Every kid needs a role model
thats why i didnt waste my time and got straight into a V , im sure everybody knows of waterfest a big VW car meet at raceway park anyways i was on 287 and i spot a VW with a big front mount and what not he sees me and he down shifts and starts making all this noise then i had enough dropped it to 3rd at 70 let him go then pulled a bus length on him before i even had time to blink.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

really? i get clowns try to race me on my R1 all the time.....

dumb BMW drivers esp...always fun to pass them like they are parked

i dont mind imports as long as they are fast and built smart not stupid body kits and useless mods

tell u what , my Prelude has taken down quite a bit of Mustangs tho...
Old 08-20-2010, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evil 'Bird
i dont mind imports as long as they are fast and built smart not stupid body kits and useless mods
i couldnt agree more with that. i have seen some well built imports, and i have nothing but respect for those guys. it just the ones that have watch Fast and Furious one too many times that get on my nerves.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

My 1.6 Civic is faster than my V

JK!!! haahaa, just my DD. My V has become a garage queen. only comes out on weekends. I love it
Attached Thumbnails Ricer Run In...I hate these fools-civic.jpg  
Old 08-20-2010, 01:29 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My VW Jetta (DD) is faster than my V is right now.....only because the motor is out of the V and it's getting stroked. LOL
Old 08-20-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

HAHA^^ true that ..lol
Old 08-20-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Ran into an LS powered RX-7 last night and got soo yanked it wasn't even funny! Wheels came off the ground about 2 or 4inches when he launched at 40mph... lol
Old 08-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Ran into an LS powered RX-7 last night and got soo yanked it wasn't even funny! Wheels came off the ground about 2 or 4inches when he launched at 40mph... lol
Geez. Did you know it was LS powered at first?

Quick Reply: Ricer Run In...I hate these fools