Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Nice issue popped up

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice issue popped up

Car is in the shop and while they had it up on the lift, they saw that my starter was covered in parts of the motor mounts (stock ones). So now some new UUC Mounts are going in, and my bill has just gone up.

Silver lining to this is, that had i not put the car in the shop I would have never found out about that issue. At least not until I swapped out the oil the next time around. And in that time, the mounts may have completely failed and then I would be looking a bigger repair bill.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
Car is in the shop and while they had it up on the lift, they saw that my starter was covered in parts of the motor mounts (stock ones). So now some new UUC Mounts are going in, and my bill has just gone up.

Silver lining to this is, that had i not put the car in the shop I would have never found out about that issue. At least not until I swapped out the oil the next time around. And in that time, the mounts may have completely failed and then I would be looking a bigger repair bill.
You entered mod hell the first time you mod the car? This must be a record!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tityrous
You entered mod hell the first time you mod the car? This must be a record!
i would say mod purgatory...haha

i was planning on replace them soon, but now its sooner then i thought. and she is having a lot done for the first time in the shop (at least IMO). more then i thought when i first bought the car.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would say mod purgatory...haha

i was planning on replace them soon, but now its sooner then i thought. and she is having a lot done for the first time in the shop (at least IMO). more then i thought when i first bought the car.
It is a slippery slope my dear friend....I have to limit my time on here to keep the mod ideas down....Does look like your gonna have a badass V to roll in.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
It is a slippery slope my dear friend....I have to limit my time on here to keep the mod ideas down....Does look like your gonna have a badass V to roll in.
that is my goal...i consider it about a third done though...haha. still have to do the clutch and fly wheel, and then decided if i am going to keep her N/A or go F/I.

just like you sig says, this aint your paw paw's caddy
Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah I wanna do the clutch/flywheel swap next. I've done the "have to's" first....a few little mods, but I have to squeeze in what I can without the wifey trippin too much....just yesterday she noticed the tailights had been tinted..I was like WTF? who did that?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha...thats one thing i dont have to worry about...

god, i love being single and being able to spend my money on what i want...haha
Old 08-25-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

haha...thats one thing i dont have to worry about...

god, i love being single and being able to spend my money on what i want...haha
yep people dont realize how expensive girlfriends are haha. not only can does it cost you more, you get to hear it when you spend money on the car.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

yep my V has been dubbed "the bitch" at my house.....my daughter calls her "the B"....
Old 08-25-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Yup... I've got a wife and 2 kids that leave me with NO mod money! It really pisses me off! My wife can go and blast thru $400 every 3 or 4 months to get her hair done but when it comes to me getting even $100 for my car it just isn't an option! The whole reason I got the car was to mod it and have a beautiful sleeper.. if I would have known this is gonna be how it is then I woulda just said f-it and got a C6 Z06.. wow didn't realize how pissed I am about it til now... lol
Old 08-25-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Yup... I've got a wife and 2 kids that leave me with NO mod money! It really pisses me off! My wife can go and blast thru $400 every 3 or 4 months to get her hair done but when it comes to me getting even $100 for my car it just isn't an option! The whole reason I got the car was to mod it and have a beautiful sleeper.. if I would have known this is gonna be how it is then I woulda just said f-it and got a C6 Z06.. wow didn't realize how pissed I am about it til now... lol
I hope you meant c5zo6 lol.if you cant afford 100 dolalr mod, you couldnt afford the extra 400 a month for a payment haha.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

answer...

what yours is ours and what is her's is her's... ...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I hope you meant c5zo6 lol.if you cant afford 100 dolalr mod, you couldnt afford the extra 400 a month for a payment haha.
Lol, I Never said I can't afford it. I was just pointing out that my wife doesn't share my same passion as me and budgets the money for other things even though she knows that i m pissed out it.. she blasts thru $400 every 3 to 4 months just for her hair but my mod money always gets budgeted towards our vacations and house ****.... don't get me wrong cause I love my wife to death but man is she stingy with the funds...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

answer...

what yours is ours and what is her's is her's... ...
Hahahahaha.... I couldn't have said it better bro!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i will be in the same boat one day (hopefully not anytime soon, and i bet the girl wouldnt be to thrilled about that one, haha). and when i get there, hopefully i will have my truck long since paid off, and just have to worry about getting the V paid down faster.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lol, I Never said I can't afford it. I was just pointing out that my wife doesn't share my same passion as me and budgets the money for other things even though she knows that i m pissed out it.. she blasts thru $400 every 3 to 4 months just for her hair but my mod money always gets budgeted towards our vacations and house ****.... don't get me wrong cause I love my wife to death but man is she stingy with the funds...
wait till shes sees this post and then see how stingy she gets lmao. im sure its all worth it. you just need to learn how to sneak a little money into a side fund.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

wait till shes sees this post and then see how stingy she gets lmao. im sure its all worth it. you just need to learn how to sneak a little money into a side fund.
that may end in something not good...more then likely a good *** whoopin for aaron
Old 08-26-2010, 04:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

trade her in for a newer model!.... lol
Old 08-26-2010, 05:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

that may end in something not good...more then likely a good *** whoopin for aaron
lol i could be wrong but i remember aaron mentiong fake tatas, bet he didnt argue that expense even though he couldve had a maggie lol.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:11 AM
TECH Resident

lol i could be wrong but i remember aaron mentiong fake tatas, bet he didnt argue that expense even though he couldve had a maggie lol.
Every man has their own priorities. Hard to argue with his. lol

Quick Reply: Nice issue popped up