Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Pacesetter headers

Old 08-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter headers

I wanna know on here who has installed these headers on their cars. I am lookin at Jet Hot'in em. Do they match up well? Happy? Negatives?

Ben
Old 08-26-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got them, and I just got them coated from Pacesetter though which probably isn't as nice as Jet-Hot. But I live in Az and we don't really have "weather" here so it isn't an issue. The fit was pretty nice except for a few issue's that I had to figure out since I was the first person to install a set. The SOTP power gain feels pretty good but you'll prolly lose about 3-4rwhp over the kooks.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Teching In

I talked with Jet Hot yest and can get them Jet Hot sterling for a good deal. I was told initially that the flange was 1/4" and Kooks were 3/8". Later I was told they were 3/8" as well. Were they pretty solid? I have read through other posts and some people were going to jump on these headers but dont know if anyone ever did.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

as far as i know, Ty is still the only one with them install.

what has driven most people away from the Pacesetter is the mild steel vs the the stainless you get with Kooks. the reasons i went with Kooks is the steel difference, and i wanted 7/8". and as much digging i did, i could only find Pacesetters at 1 3/4".
Old 08-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Since they are steel, why not Jet Hot coat them. That way they are inside and outside coated? Makes sense to me. @500 coated vs 1200 for others coated. Headers only that is.
Ben
Old 08-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
I've got them, and I just got them coated from Pacesetter though which probably isn't as nice as Jet-Hot. But I live in Az and we don't really have "weather" here so it isn't an issue. The fit was pretty nice except for a few issue's that I had to figure out since I was the first person to install a set. The SOTP power gain feels pretty good but you'll prolly lose about 3-4rwhp over the kooks.
You have any details of the "problems" you had on install?
Old 08-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Ty listed those issues on his other thread. Pacesetter had a fix for him quickly and got everything straightened out quickly. According to Ty was that they have fixed the problem and no longer an issue.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i did get my coated. but there is a huge difference in mild steel and stainless. the jet hot coating isnt perfect, and can flake off. that was one of the thing that came with the headers when i go them from jet hot. so if the coating starts to fail, i will not run into nearly the amount of issues with stainless vs mild. especially with the weather changes that happen in texas. we went from a low of 9 and a high of 28, with snow and freezing rain, to a high of 91 the next week. and that pacesetter still (at least not that i have seen) offer a 1 7/8" set up.

Edit: Coating on my headers our Jet Hot 1700 Sterling Silver.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

im running them aswell, have been for about a couple of months. Install took about 6 hrs because i was chasing a battery/ altrenator problem, after install I took the to a exhaust shop and the welded up to my hfcats it sounds pretty good. ONLY PROBLEM WAS I HAD TO SHAVE A TAB ON THE FRAME THAT WAS RUBBING WITH DRIVER"S SIDE HEADER. I never worried about it but if they are willing to give me a newer set i'd do it again. p.s. i live in az too, so rust or elements isnt a problem
Old 08-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
i did get my coated. but there is a huge difference in mild steel and stainless. the jet hot coating isnt perfect, and can flake off. that was one of the thing that came with the headers when i go them from jet hot. so if the coating starts to fail, i will not run into nearly the amount of issues with stainless vs mild. especially with the weather changes that happen in texas. we went from a low of 9 and a high of 28, with snow and freezing rain, to a high of 91 the next week. and that pacesetter still (at least not that i have seen) offer a 1 7/8" set up.

Edit: Coating on my headers our Jet Hot 1700 Sterling Silver.
Are you happy with them? How they install? What did you need otherwise?
Ben
Old 08-26-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is the design of the primaries vs. say a kooks or stainless works, etc? I mean, they all *look* similar, but I (this is only hearsay) seem to group pacesetters as a 'blackjack header' (older sbc guys will remember those) vs. a hooker super competition header, which is more like a Kooks. You can't compare the two, really. Maybe I'm way off though. I just know pacesetter header is junk on the mitsubishi application, but perhaps they are better for V8 applications?

I'd love a pair of headers, but don't want to spend the money and hassle (i.e. smog) unless they are truly worth it in the performance upgrade dept.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

they are being installed right now. you do really need anything else other then headers, but you can get catted or catless mid pipes (which you should get the mid pipes). and you will have 2 options for each. connects to factory or corsa. Catted cost about 400 and catless is about 200.

i got the Catted mid pipes with them. Kooks you can have a mid pipes that will bolt to corsa cat back, or factory system. if you have either stock or corsa, it will bolt in as is. i have a magnaflow going on with the headers, and i had to get the factory connection. with magnaflow, and any other cat back system (i think) there will be some cutting to get everything to line up right. the car will be getting dyno tuned also, and i will be posting what i see from that and everything else when it is done and i have the car done.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Keep us posted.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
How is the design of the primaries vs. say a kooks or stainless works, etc? I mean, they all *look* similar, but I (this is only hearsay) seem to group pacesetters as a 'blackjack header' (older sbc guys will remember those) vs. a hooker super competition header, which is more like a Kooks. You can't compare the two, really. Maybe I'm way off though. I just know pacesetter header is junk on the mitsubishi application, but perhaps they are better for V8 applications?

I'd love a pair of headers, but don't want to spend the money and hassle (i.e. smog) unless they are truly worth it in the performance upgrade dept.
with the kooks, i am looking about 30 RWHP gain from them (from what i have heard). plus the sound will be just that much better.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bnagel
Keep us posted.
Mods being installed are: Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Catted mid pipes (Jet Hot 1700 Sterling Silver coating on headers and mid pipes), Magnaflow cat back, Gforce 1320 rear axles, Katech Short Shifter, 160 Degree T-Stat, Competition Wires and Plugs with Thermal Jackets, K&N Air Charger, UUC Motor Mounts, Shifter and Diff bushing.

next mod will be new clutch and flywheel.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the tab issue also, and wasn't willing to shave it down so I sent it back to them (meaning I drove it back since they're local). They had sent the wrong set of test pipes into production, so it was an easy fix. They had the correct pipes already so they just had to scrap that set and send out the correct ones. Only other things on install that I noticed was that you had to trim down the tab for the oil dipstick and use a different bolt to get it to clear without rubbing. Only thing about the bolt was that it's got a thinner head. And you'll need O2 extensions, it does work without them but as I found out it puts to much strain on the harness which is attached to other connections. So it ripped out the cam sensor connection. Once I got an extension and the harness replaced (it had ripped the wires out) it was perfect.
For cats you would have to have a shop install some, not an option with Pacesetter's.
They don't make 1 7/8ths either, which kinda sucks but I'm not going for big numbers anyways so it didn't bother me. And with what I saved over Kooks I'm over half way to my cam. So with the power I lose from going with the Pacesetter's will make up for it since I can get a cam a lot faster .
I bet I lose less than 5rwhp to the kooks. I have the stock catback, and I'm keeping it, so it really isn't a whole lot louder unless I start to climb the rpm ladder. Most people wouldn't even notice the difference.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

I have em on and they are fine
Old 08-28-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

the car is almost done now. all parts are hooked, and the sound of the exhaust now is mean as hell. i absolutely love the the headers, and they are worth every penny.

last thing that needs to be done is the dyno tune, and i was told that was going to be done first thing monday morning.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bnagel
I talked with Jet Hot yest and can get them Jet Hot sterling for a good deal. I was told initially that the flange was 1/4" and Kooks were 3/8". Later I was told they were 3/8" as well. Were they pretty solid? I have read through other posts and some people were going to jump on these headers but dont know if anyone ever did.
If you dont mind me asking, whats the price on the good deal? Do you just buy directly from Jet Hot and they send them to you? Probably gonna go with pacesetters after a new clutch/FW.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Teching In

On a previous listing Jet-Hot said they would be $470. That was for the day and now their prices are a bit higher. I was going to get these with connectors in the $650 range all Jet Hot coated with sterling. Thought is was a good deal. Just didnt wanna pull the trigger without input.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pacesetter headers