Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Rear Diff/Axle gotta love Cadillac!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Diff/Axle gotta love Cadillac!!

Alright, as I posted in someone Else's thread.. I pulled out in my 2007 V the other day going to to first and I hear a loud "POPPPP" and the car
goes no where. I thought i blew the rear end up in the car. Which I hear is not very common in the diffs. Anyways, my car has heads,intake,pulleys,cam, etc... I call up my caddy dealer tell him what I heard and what it may be. Thanks to good ole Cadillac they come pick my car up with the role back and take it to the dealership. They get it all apart and the determined that I have snapped a rear axle. When I broke the tip of the axle off in the rear end and it had scared the inside of the diff. With all this being said, good ole Cadillac replaced the axles, new rear diff, and bushings under warranty!!!!

And before, my car had the "parade clunk" and a good whine to it while going down the road. I pick it up from the dealership the whine is gone, and no clunk what so ever!! Sooo stoked!! thinking about going back and seeing if they will bleed my clutch for me since they have a 100k mile drive train warranty!! it seems knotchy, but anyways I cannot believe they helped me out even with the mods I have on my car!

oh and my car has 38k miles.

just thought I would tell you my story!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CTSvRolledOUT
Alright, as I posted in someone Else's thread.. I pulled out in my 2007 V the other day going to to first and I hear a loud "POPPPP" and the car
goes no where. I thought i blew the rear end up in the car. Which I hear is not very common in the diffs. Anyways, my car has heads,intake,pulleys,cam, etc... I call up my caddy dealer tell him what I heard and what it may be. Thanks to good ole Cadillac they come pick my car up with the role back and take it to the dealership. They get it all apart and the determined that I have snapped a rear axle. When I broke the tip of the axle off in the rear end and it had scared the inside of the diff. With all this being said, good ole Cadillac replaced the axles, new rear diff, and bushings under warranty!!!!

And before, my car had the "parade clunk" and a good whine to it while going down the road. I pick it up from the dealership the whine is gone, and no clunk what so ever!! Sooo stoked!! thinking about going back and seeing if they will bleed my clutch for me since they have a 100k mile drive train warranty!! it seems knotchy, but anyways I cannot believe they helped me out even with the mods I have on my car!

oh and my car has 38k miles.

just thought I would tell you my story!
WOW you guys have some nice dealerships out there. Out my way they wouldnt even touch the car with mods like you have. Let alone warrenty a rear end.

Congrates though!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Yea score! Dealers here would say go kick rock!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Thats good to hear they took care of you man.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS6BlackCTS-V
Yea score! Dealers here would say go kick rock!
I could only imagine the mumbo jumbo my dealer would give me....about 6 hrs of run around and then try to trade me into a Malibu or something
Old 09-04-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would give your service adviser a hell of a tip for that!