Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Procharging a V

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharging a V

Wanted to find out which vendor I'd need to contact to get a bracket and posssibly a head unit that will work on the CTS-V. Might be interested in a whole kit if price is right. Looking for a F1 or better.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

nobody makes a "kit" for the V. May want to talk to Bob at Brute speed (on this forum) as he used to sell the kits. He may be able to get you part numbers or something that could help.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps you could use 'parts' from the GTO's (05-06); assuming it's an LS2 you're looking for...If not, 2004 came with LS1. Probably could at least use the bracketry, etc. and do the rest of it yourself; can't be that difficult. Worst case, make a bracket and use a similar LS pulley, etc...I would think the hardest part of it all would be fuel delivery and ECU, although something like HPTuners could make it work.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, not gonna be able to buy a do it yourself kit. Best bet is to take it to a reputable shop and have them do it for you but your talking around 10k installed with an F1.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Launching!

I was somewhat aware they don't make a "bolt on" kit. Researched it a bit and started to see how Bob did the previous ones. I knew going into it that i'd have to do most of it my self, just not the type of gearhead to pay a shop. Plus, it builds skills/experience. Fuel system is going to be twin walboros. Tuning is also handled.

Car is a 2005 w/ ls6 so I was considering using the corvette bracket and wanted to know if it'll clear the hood, and if not, why not/how far.

Also, I saw when bob modified the GTO kit to fit the V that he had to grind out a bracket to accomodate the electronic TB. Couldn't you just flip it over? I know C5s had to do that to run 90 mm LS2 throttle bodies. In any event that does not affect me. I plan to run a carb manifold w/ direct port bosses added to the fuel injector bosses.

I'm going for pretty decent power this time around. Want to get the head unit soon so I can start making it fit while the motor is being built.

Just looking for someone/shop who has a rebuilt/new F series that they need to let go.

I will try to contact Bob. His knowledge and experience will be invaluable.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

i wanted to do an A&A bracket with a vortech blower. i am just not sure how some things would be routed in the vehicle.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
i wanted to do an A&A bracket with a vortech blower. i am just not sure how some things would be routed in the vehicle.
A&A bracket for what vehicle? That's the thing about all the vendors, they put them just a little diffferently. I need to check out A&A's stuff too.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

the A&A bracket for the c5 or maybe c6. it seemed like the setup that normv used, i just dont want to have to lower my radiator like he did.