Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Seats Re-upholstered??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Seats Re-upholstered??

Anyone ever put new skins on the factory seats or had them re-upholstered? Mine are looking a little weathered and im looking to redo them in the spring. I remember seeing a post about someone replacing the seat bottom?

Anyone with any info regarding price to redo the front seats and the rear(because i plan to do black instead of tan) and any places that can make the skins and I can have them mailed to me or that would be close enough for me to take my car to.

I checked Katzkins and they said average is 1900-2300 so im gonna go with a no on that lol. BTW I dont plan to do suede inserts id just go all black leather unless you can buy factory skins.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested in this as well. My front seats are a little worn and I'll prob swap from tan to black as well so I'll be replacing my rears as well. I'd only be in though if I can find a place that makes quality skins that are either factory replica or close to it.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Anyone ever put new skins on the factory seats or had them re-upholstered? Mine are looking a little weathered and im looking to redo them in the spring. I remember seeing a post about someone replacing the seat bottom?

Anyone with any info regarding price to redo the front seats and the rear(because i plan to do black instead of tan) and any places that can make the skins and I can have them mailed to me or that would be close enough for me to take my car to.

I checked Katzkins and they said average is 1900-2300 so im gonna go with a no on that lol. BTW I dont plan to do suede inserts id just go all black leather unless you can buy factory skins.

Thanks
I have nothing to offer in the information department, but I am going to need to do this in the next couple of years as well. I have tried to take care of my driver seat, but after only 35,000 miles it looks like crap.

Was the $1900-$2300 quote from Katzkins for both the front and rear seats. If so, we would be looking at approx. $600 a piece for the fronts and $1100 for the rear seat. That does seem pretty steep.

I hope you find something. There has to be some other upholstery companies on the net that will do it for cheaper than Katzkins, I would think...
Old 10-05-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GM should offer the seat 'covers' under a p/n, but I'm not 100% on that, nor how much they'd ream you. Reason I mention this is because I had one for my vr-4 and it was much more reasonable than having somebody reupholstering the seat, not to mention a perfect match (although I ended up selling the skin, since mine weren't that bad afterall).

What sucks on my (V) seats is I think somebody smoked in the passenger seat, since there are some dimples on the bottom leather and the drivers side bolster has these 'dots' that almost look like fill-ins. Thankfully the suede is in good shape.

So, if somebody has the master parts and could provide a p/n, that would be awesome! If I could replace for a reasonable cost, I'd definitely do it.

PS - may as well factor in new bolstering and hog rings, etc. into the price (should you find a skin p/n)
Old 10-05-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

ebay..seats are all over ebay
Old 10-05-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

My seats still look like new...well just the usual leather look but no cracks at all....The previous owner owns a detail shop and said he had them conditioned once a month. My area of concern is the B-Pillar where mine is covered in the grey fabric. Apparently I drag my fat a$$ against it while getting in and out of the car.....Any ideas on this or just get both sides replaced so they match?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

we should be looking to find a way to have our seats redone so they are actually sporty...
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

[quote=bamacaddy;13951153My area of concern is the B-Pillar where mine is covered in the grey fabric. Apparently I drag my fat a$$ against it while getting in and out of the car.....Any ideas on this or just get both sides replaced so they match?[/quote]

I had the same problem. Just the drivers side, so I bought a replacement from Lindsay. The cost of being fussy over the condition of my interior.... $132 ea.

No issues as far as color match. I was real careful getting in and out after that.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
we should be looking to find a way to have our seats redone so they are actually sporty...
eh, the interior was one of the first things that caught my attention when i first started looking at these cars..i love the stock seats...very classy IMO
Old 10-05-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
+1 on this. If I was going to spend the $$$ on redoing the seats, I would definitely get them much more aggressively bolstered. I know it sounds weird, but the Pontiac GTO seats are much sportier and better bolstered than ours (although they don't have the ultra-suede inserts), I wouldn't mind mimicking the design of the GTO seats while keeping some sort of anti-slide insert in the middle.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do miss my GTO seats from time to time, but the worst part about them IMO (for cleaning) is that perforated leatherette stuff [never felt like real leather] and the fact that it conformed almost too well, to where your back would sweat up a storm, yuck. But, for factory seats, they were really nice.

However, I really don't mind the oem seats in this CTS-V, as far as comfort and they seem to hold me in just fine. I don't want to spend $$$ and/or deviate too much from stock on this car. Those recaro's in the 09+ sure look nice though!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Launching!

Seat Cover
Seat Back Cover
Rear Seat Back Cover
Rear Seat Cover

Dont know for sure if these are right since there was no illustration attached with these specific ones but at least gives you a part number to go to the dealer with...

Quick Reply: Seats Re-upholstered??