Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Motive Power Bleeders - which adapter(s) for clutch & brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motive Power Bleeders - which adapter(s) for clutch & brakes?

I desperately need to bleed my clutch, and I might as well do my brakes as well. So I'm after a motive power bleeder of some sort. I know the brakes will use the "108" adapter, but I wasn't sure what adapter the clutch reservoir needs. Anyone know?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wes8398
I desperately need to bleed my clutch, and I might as well do my brakes as well. So I'm after a motive power bleeder of some sort. I know the brakes will use the "108" adapter, but I wasn't sure what adapter the clutch reservoir needs. Anyone know?
I have the Motive bleeder and it works great, buts it's going to be very difficult to bleed your clutch. The kit I bought comes with an adapter that will fit over your brake reservoir, but that's not the issue. If you have the stock clutch and slave the bleeder is difficult to get a wrench on and turn it. There’s not enough room left to attach the hose for the catch bottle, so you just have to open it under pressure and let it go all over the place.

What I did was replace the fluid in the top of the reservoir until I got the LS7 clutch and slave. The bleeder for the LS7 slave sticks out far enough to attach a hose and get a wrench on it.

I bought the Motive Products Power Bleeder-Pro. It comes with all the adapters.

Last edited by branland; 10-14-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Motive Power Bleeders - which adapter(s) for clutch & brakes?