Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...
View Poll Results: 07 cts-v or 08 cts???
07 cts-v
85.00%
08 cts
15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

07 CTS-V vs 08 CTS?? pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 07 CTS-V vs 08 CTS?? pics inside

Hey Guys...well for the pas few months iv been looking at these 2 cars (not exact cars pictured). And for the past few months i have been UNABLE to decide between the two.

the 07 v has the goodol ls power i miss so much. Easily modified and quick out of the box. still a beautiful car...IMO a lot to be desired appearance wise compared to the newer model cts's.

The 08 is not very quick...3.6l v6
BUT this thing IMO is much sexier lines to look at and an interior to die for. Im a huge fan of the new body styles...but cant afford the 08+ cts-v.

Im not sure if speed is my thing anymore. I dont really have time for the meets (allthough i miss them)...but then some gt drives by or some honda gives a fly-by and i have that blood curtling desire to have a v8...and lets face it....be a show off BUT do i really want to fall into the endless pitt of mods again? passing inspections?? speeding tickets (i have more then i care to brag about from my TA and C6)

Should i settle on performance and drive the classy mostly show 08 cts?
Its refined, sexy and mostly business...which i kinda like
or should i look past looks and lust for whats under the hood of the 07 6.0 400hp cts-v?
Dont get me wrong....both cars are BEAUTIFUL which is why this is so hard...

finally in the position to start seriously looking. HELP!
Attached Thumbnails 07 CTS-V vs 08 CTS?? pics inside-side.jpg   07 CTS-V vs 08 CTS?? pics inside-front.jpg   07 CTS-V vs 08 CTS?? pics inside-interior.jpg  
Old 10-28-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new body style is pretty hot and the interior is super nice, but the V is still where its at. When I drive, I don't really give a **** what the interior looks like, it could be totally barren for all I care. Its the driving aspect that makes me happy and the V happens to be very good in that respect
Old 10-28-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

tough decision for sure, love the interior of the new model and it definetly makes the Gen 1 V look old as hell......but having quick and somewhat nice interior would be better for me.

if i had another FAST car id go with the 08, if i just wanted one car with a little speed and power id grab the V
Old 10-28-2010, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

from an owner of an 06 V....get the 08.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I always try to avoid the 1st year of a model change; takes them a couple years at least to work out the bugs. In some ways, I like the 2nd gen, but overall like the "skinnier" look of the 1st, and not so sure I'd want a V6 in a car like this (weight), no matter the hp claims.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Well I would've said the V was a no brainer until I opened the thread and saw the 2...I just know it would be hard to give up my LS...Just save up and get the V2...best of both worlds! ahahahaaa easier said than done!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

Get a V1, pay it off and sell it to put down $$$ for a V2... that's what I'm doing!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Launching!

I may be in the minority here but I actually like the interior of the V1. Obviously it's significantly behind the interior of the CTS 2 in terms of aesthetics and usability, but IMO there's more to a car than the interior. I like the V1 seats; I think they're very comfortable. The dash layout is a bit on the plain side but it does what it needs to do. It has its flaws; i.e. the peely paint on buttons and trim pieces. IMO the difference in interior quality from V1 to CTS 2 doesn't come anywhere close to trumping the overall DRIVING experience of a V1 compared to any base CTS, and to me THAT is the more important factor.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Get a V1, pay it off and sell it to put down $$$ for a V2... that's what I'm doing!
That was my plan exactly...But seeing that I've already put 30k on my V1 in the 6 months I've had her...I'll prolly just end up trying to buy a V2 in a couple years.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
that if the wife lets you, haha.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
that if the wife lets you, haha.
That goes for me too Cole...She's stated she's getting a LSF Lexus before another Caddy pulls in here.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
That goes for me too Cole...She's stated she's getting a LSF Lexus before another Caddy pulls in here.
now thats what im talking about. damn those LSFs are sexy looking, better looking then the 2nd gen V IMO but id still take a V over the LSF.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
now thats what im talking about. damn those LSFs are sexy looking, better looking then the 2nd gen V IMO but id still take a V over the LSF.
for me, its a close tie between the two as far as looks. i like things about both of them, but i would take a V over LSF anyday too.

i want this one. this is the way to tune an import IMO

TT LSF

Edit:
OP, if you are going to be driving it everyday i would go with the 08 V6. IMO, the 08+ interiors are way nicer and more comfortable too. or like that has been said, wait another few months and get a V2 and have the best of both .
Old 10-28-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

definetly badass ^^^^^ minus the gay *** stickers lol
Old 10-28-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
definetly badass ^^^^^ minus the gay *** stickers lol
haha...good call
Old 10-29-2010, 03:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you honestly think you can walk away from the speed bug? If you're a car guy then you're a car guy, not something you can change. My cousin tried to walk away and he lasted 8 months before he had to dump his prelude and got into a C6. You're saying that you don't know if speed is your thing anymore but thats because coming from a TA and Vette you've always had it. If you change that and don't have it anymore it's gonna drive you crazy. Not sure who agree's with me but being a car guy isn't something that you like to do, it's who you are, which isn't easy to change. Just sayin....
Old 10-29-2010, 03:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
Do you honestly think you can walk away from the speed bug? If you're a car guy then you're a car guy, not something you can change. My cousin tried to walk away and he lasted 8 months before he had to dump his prelude and got into a C6. You're saying that you don't know if speed is your thing anymore but thats because coming from a TA and Vette you've always had it. If you change that and don't have it anymore it's gonna drive you crazy. Not sure who agree's with me but being a car guy isn't something that you like to do, it's who you are, which isn't easy to change. Just sayin....
this is very true...my dad said he was done with speed when he sold the 68 Camaro (built 427, TH400, and 4.11s), the 72 El Camenio (built 350 and TH350), and the 59 Chevy 100 (389 and TH350)

and about 12 years later, he has a 2006 GTO and is looking to go fast again. btw, he is 65...haha. i think i know where i get it from.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
I agree 100%, sold my 98 SS(kick myself everyday for it) and bought a 2008 civic which would have been great if i still had the SS. Sold the civic after a year and got into the V. Was thinking about selling the V and getting into a diesel truck but know if i did that id be kicking myself again. Now im saving for a 200 or so silverado 5.3 so i can have both.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i know what you guys mean about the speed thing...and thats why its so flippin hard.
I spent an hour 1/2 at cadillac yesterday after work. I test drove on 07 cts (not V) and an 09 cts.
07 was smooth as hell, obviously not a v8 but i mostly wanted to feel out the interior. Overall impressed. It was nice and dark inside which i like, and the seats were very comfy. This dealer really takes care of their used cars cuz this thing looked brand new.

09 was EVEN SMOOTHER.
This was my second 09 to test drive(different dealership). The first time left a horrible taste because the car must have been ragged out and had NO go at ALL! I mentioned to the sales guy that i didnt want the cts cuz it was slow as *****...and he said it was because the other one was beat to hell prob. To convince me its a nice car he asked me to test drive it and give it another chance. So i did...and i must say this one had some GO! Obviously not like a v8 but it really had some pickup and speed to it. It felt solid and luxurious.

Then we walked over to the 2011 v coup... one day one day lol
I would like to drive an 07 v but everytime i get close to one they get sold lol

I think in the end i may go with an 08/09. Mainly because i wont be tempted to pull the motor apart lol Ill miss the speed regardless...but i will have better gas mileage (new job is about 25 minutes away), probably much less maintenance cost and still have a sexy *** car. My goal is to hang on to this one for a few years...and save up enough for an 08/09 v. By then the price will be much lower (hopefully).
sorry for writing a book lol
Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
yeah i know what you guys mean about the speed thing...and thats why its so flippin hard.
I spent an hour 1/2 at cadillac yesterday after work. I test drove on 07 cts (not V) and an 09 cts.
07 was smooth as hell, obviously not a v8 but i mostly wanted to feel out the interior. Overall impressed. It was nice and dark inside which i like, and the seats were very comfy. This dealer really takes care of their used cars cuz this thing looked brand new.

09 was EVEN SMOOTHER.
This was my second 09 to test drive(different dealership). The first time left a horrible taste because the car must have been ragged out and had NO go at ALL! I mentioned to the sales guy that i didnt want the cts cuz it was slow as *****...and he said it was because the other one was beat to hell prob. To convince me its a nice car he asked me to test drive it and give it another chance. So i did...and i must say this one had some GO! Obviously not like a v8 but it really had some pickup and speed to it. It felt solid and luxurious.

Then we walked over to the 2011 v coup... one day one day lol
I would like to drive an 07 v but everytime i get close to one they get sold lol

I think in the end i may go with an 08/09. Mainly because i wont be tempted to pull the motor apart lol Ill miss the speed regardless...but i will have better gas mileage (new job is about 25 minutes away), probably much less maintenance cost and still have a sexy *** car. My goal is to hang on to this one for a few years...and save up enough for an 08/09 v. By then the price will be much lower (hopefully).
sorry for writing a book lol
Hey the have two 09 Vs in my town of Lafayette, La. at Courtesy Cadillac but they want over 70k for both . I'd buy another Viper before spending that kind of money on a Cadillac. I love and miss my Vipers.

As far as the cars, they are both nice and I bet you can put a supercharger on that 6 cylinder new CTS eventually and have about 450 hp so keep that in mind. If they are not available yet they will be and then you will have luxury and speed for an affordable price, just my 2 cents.

either way, both nice cars bro. Best of luck!

Quick Reply: 07 CTS-V vs 08 CTS?? pics inside