Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Bolt pattern

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why i would only want it for the strip. For autox/road course it would have STIFF sidewall street summer compounds on em.

WHy i want the winter/summer/rear drag setups all at once.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tweeter81
I've run 285s for years in the rear, and I'm currently running 295 r-comps, which are so square and wide that they are comparable to running 305 street tires, and I have no problems. But, I am not slammed in the rear either.

good to know about how wide i can go the widest i have seen is the 285s are aftermarket.

Your earlier question about drag radials...don't even think about drag racing this car until you upgrade the rear end and axles. They are notorious for breaking (diff exploding) at the track under high grip, high power clutch dumps. Now if you drive the car how it was meant to be driven, on the roadcourse, and don't try to launch it, then the rearend will last forever.

depends on the rear of the V. i have never a heard of an gen 3 or 4 having a failure. but i thought i did, turns out i stripped off the splines on a Gforce axle.

Also, drag radials will negatively impact the handling characteristics of a V to the point where it won't feel right any more. A heavy, high HP car + soft sidewalled drag radials does not make a good combination.

Just my two cents...In case you didn't notice it from my sig, I am a big roadcourse guy so I am definitely biased in my opinion on what is the most fun way to use a V.
like tweeter said, it will all depend on what you want to do with the car. i will rarely take thing car down a strip. my next tires will be 245/45 up front and 275/40 in the rear. i want the car to still be able to handle like it was made to do.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Guess I better make some friends up at summit point... Get a helmet and PRAY itll fit inside the car with my oversized frame.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
It is just annoying. I wanna get two sets. winter/summer and then one set of rears for the track... Do the Vs do well with DRs in the back?
Drag radials will mount just fine, its a matter of how long the diff will stay mounted to the car thats the problem. With the right tires 245s will hook, bigger doesnt always mean more traction. I run stock size 245 GSD3s and i hook up fine even on spray from a 40 roll.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:27 PM
Teching In

I'm running stock c5 z06 wheels 18x10.5 and a Mickey Thompson 305/35r18 with no spacers or rubbing issues.

Quick Reply: Bolt pattern