Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Two issues with the caddy, but nothing major I hope . . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Two issues with the caddy, but nothing major I hope . . .

Hey all. I've really enjoyed my CTS-V so far. It's really a great ride. There are two things that I have noticed, one just today, that I want to run by you.

First off, I have noticed that the Corsa exhaust likes to sometimes give a loud POP when I shift 1-2 and sometimes 2-3 depending on what rpm range I am in when I shift. It's usually the 2.5-3k range, and moderately in the throttle. Almost sounds like a backfire, but I don't notice anything on the tach and the engine seems to run really smooth. I think it's just a quirk of the Corsa system, but I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.

Second thing I just began noticing today. It seems like my clutch pedal suddenly got a bit lighter. It still shifts fine, doesn't seem to have any clip or grind, but it just SEEMS like the pedal is easier to push in. Anyone else experience this?

I bought the car at 29k miles from an older guy (80) who had just purchased a 2010 CTS-V. The car now has ~33k on it and is all stock except a B&M shifter, Corsa exhaust, and K&N intake.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldnt worry about either, mine pops as well depending on the rpm and throttle.

Unless the clutch was slipping or not engaging correctly i wouldnt worry about that either, mayeb you just got stronger haha
Old 11-12-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I was on my feet a lot today doin car work so it could be that my leg was just sore and less sensitive to the amount of pressure it was putting out.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Might not hurt to bleed the clutch and see if that brings any of the feel back
Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I should do that anyways as I believe it's part of the 30k maintenance.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Hey all. I've really enjoyed my CTS-V so far. It's really a great ride. There are two things that I have noticed, one just today, that I want to run by you.

First off, I have noticed that the Corsa exhaust likes to sometimes give a loud POP when I shift 1-2 and sometimes 2-3 depending on what rpm range I am in when I shift. It's usually the 2.5-3k range, and moderately in the throttle. Almost sounds like a backfire, but I don't notice anything on the tach and the engine seems to run really smooth. I think it's just a quirk of the Corsa system, but I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.
My Corsa exhaust does the same thing.
Love the sound.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

I love the sound overall, just wanted to make sure that POP wasn't indicative of something awry. But since the engine runs great, I wasn't too worried.

Thanks for chiming in all. I feel more comfortable with the car than before. If that's even possible in a Caddy .
Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, as mentioned, bleed the clutch, as I bet there's moisture and/or degraded fluid in there; makes a big difference!

As for the popping, do you have your resonator on still? I know that makes a difference, but also the Corsa is pretty loud, isn't it (relatively speaking)? I have flowmaster 40's on mine, but still using res., and I never get any popping, etc. However, on my GTO (LS2 also) it was stock and it popped here and there, but mostly on deceleration. I understand it's reltively common on LS' engines, but kind of embarassing tho, too.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the feel of the clutch . ? .
Did you change the type of shoes you're wearing? --- Like sneakers to boots.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

No. It actually feels a bit stiffer today. I guess it may just have been my leg being desensitized or something. But it did feel light lol or else I wouldn't have posted.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Corsa does the same. It seems to pop way more on cold mornings, but once warm, it almost goes away.

I have to agree with the shoe comment. The thickness of the soles really affect me for the first few shifts. I love driving the car with my Converse on. I can feel everything that's going on in the pedals.

Quick Reply: Two issues with the caddy, but nothing major I hope . . .