Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Oil Catch Can Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Catch Can Installed

I decided to have a catch can installed. My shop (SNL Performance) had one laying around so I pulled the trigger. Its made by Billet Prototypes and looks pretty cool. I'll let you all know how much oil it catches when I open it up later.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice and you'll appreciate how much oil it collects! I made one for my GTO and used it only for a few months, but it was amazing the benefit. IMO, this is something that the manufacturer's should incorporate, but between the money (if it's not 'needed') and many owners being oblivious to keeping an eye on it, won't hold my breath, ha ha. Then again, I do like the idea of niche markets and the creativity, so maybe not.

Anyhow, this reminds me to get on the ball for mine
Old 11-15-2010, 07:05 AM
TECH Regular

I wouldnt mind hearing if it ends up doing any good, I am having my new toy installed while I am gone, and was thinking about a catch can for my setup

on a side note, I think I will be in your neck of the woods this afternoon whisler, I am not terribly up on how many plano's there are in texas, but I will be in the richardson area for the week
Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jasonk
I wouldnt mind hearing if it ends up doing any good, I am having my new toy installed while I am gone, and was thinking about a catch can for my setup

on a side note, I think I will be in your neck of the woods this afternoon whisler, I am not terribly up on how many plano's there are in texas, but I will be in the richardson area for the week
Yep, that's my neck of the woods. I work off of 75 and Park Blvd, thats like 2 exits north from Richardson.

You up here for work?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It'd be great to see those catch cans come from the factory with a line for recirculation.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Yea I am here for a conference at Rockwell Collins,

I am staying off of the George bush parkway at reeder

Quick Reply: Oil Catch Can Installed