Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Thinking of getting a CTS-V...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting a CTS-V...

It's been a while since I've been on this forum, but I figured it would be a good place to turn to since I'm in the market once again for a car. I've always liked the CTS-V and they're within my price range (not the new one unfortunately!), also they seem to work with my my very picky criteria. I have a few questions though, mostly opinionated stuff, so I hope you guys can help me out.

Is this more of a daily-driver car?
I'm not looking for it to be my DD...

On a similar note, explain it's fun factor.
I'm coming from a 2003 Mustang Cobra with typical mods, as well as a 2002 Z06 (and a '99 Z28, but that was years ago). It's hard for me to imagine it being very similar to the Vette (I know, I gotta drive one) but I'm not sure what to think as of now.

How does the car do when it comes to turns?
Again I don't expect it to be like the Vette, but I'd like something that is fun in the turns (and can hold it's own in a straight line), as that's what I live around.

Any opinions on this stuff would be great. Always nice to know what actual owners have to say versus road tests. Suggestions on other cars I may like are also welcome and appreciated. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had an 03 Cobra in the past and I will say, in a straight line drag race I don't think my V would hold up against the Cobra...Mainly because of my fear of exploding the rear. In saying that I have taken my V for numerous drag strip passes and haven't broken anything yet. And for a vehicle's overall handling, the V leaves the Cobra in the DUST...No contest.. I know it's heavier, but the balance of the V compensates for that VERY well in my opinion. Is it a Vette? NO....But I do use the V as a dd and it is beyond capable in holding it's own when I decide to pick a fight with 99% of the cars on the road. Me personally never have been a huge fan of the Vette, and my Cobra was a blast, but from what I've learned the V is a great all around ride, and I enjoy ownership a TON
Old 12-20-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 LS1
It's been a while since I've been on this forum, but I figured it would be a good place to turn to since I'm in the market once again for a car. I've always liked the CTS-V and they're within my price range (not the new one unfortunately!), also they seem to work with my my very picky criteria. I have a few questions though, mostly opinionated stuff, so I hope you guys can help me out.

Is this more of a daily-driver car?
I'm not looking for it to be my DD...

On a similar note, explain it's fun factor.
I'm coming from a 2003 Mustang Cobra with typical mods, as well as a 2002 Z06 (and a '99 Z28, but that was years ago). It's hard for me to imagine it being very similar to the Vette (I know, I gotta drive one) but I'm not sure what to think as of now.

How does the car do when it comes to turns?
Again I don't expect it to be like the Vette, but I'd like something that is fun in the turns (and can hold it's own in a straight line), as that's what I live around.

Any opinions on this stuff would be great. Always nice to know what actual owners have to say versus road tests. Suggestions on other cars I may like are also welcome and appreciated. Thanks for any help.
If you like to do burn outs you will have to add some mods. It's not a Vette but it is the best sport sedan made by an American car company. Notice I didn't say muscle car. If you like to road course this car is right for you. If you're into the street scene you'll need to address the rear end.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting a CTS-V...