Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V spare tire and jack

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default CTS-V spare tire and jack

So I finally found a spare wheel and tire.

Now I need a jack and was looking through eBay for a CTS jack. There were several, each of which was going to be between $70-80 to get it to my door.

I would also need a 4way lug wrench.

Then I stumbled across this ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-TON...item53e57fb884

It appears the scissor jack will collapse enough to fit under the V's side skirts, has enough capacity to raise a corner's weight and height to get the tire off the ground.

Am I missing something?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it comes to tire changing tools, you're better off with a hand wrench and a hand jack. The last thing you want when you get a flat in the rain on the way to work is to have your cheap electric jack fail or your crappy electric impact gun not be able to take off the lug nuts. I don't even trust the flashlight in my roadside emergency kit.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My spare tire that I bought off Ebay came with a firebird/camaro jack. That has worked just fine. I used it to pull rims off from time to time to clean the rims, and to look at something on the allignment.

I know Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac has a jack/wrench/tub combo that fits perfect inside a V's rim in the spare tire storage space.

I just bought a collapsible 4-way from Autozone because the jack handle did not match the lugs on the rims.

Quick Reply: CTS-V spare tire and jack