Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

UUC or CS Diff Bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 06:29 PM
GID
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UUC or CS Diff Bushing?

I will be replacing my diff bushing this week and was wondering about your preferences with the UUC vs CS?
If I go with the UUC bushing, Do you think there would be any issues with using the CS removal tool with it?
Old 04-23-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Personally I have the UUC (CS wasn't around when I bought mine) and I love it. Went in perfect and the UUC have no failures as far as diff bushings go. The CS removal tool will still work to get the old one out obviously but you dont need any tools to install it. Its a three part bushing. Front, back, and center insert. Slide the two half's in, put a dab of oil on the insert and slide it in. That simple.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything has to be better than that POS factory one, lol...

I haven't installed it yet, but recently picked up a CS diff bushing and it's a nice looking piece, so should work pretty well. Can't comment on the other, 'cause I haven't seen it, but one thing I appreciate about the CS piece is it's not just an oem filled, but looks like all the pieces were machined and are beefier...Maybe the UUC is like that, I have no idea, but figured I'd mention that for consideration...
Old 04-23-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by raven154
Personally I have the UUC (CS wasn't around when I bought mine) and I love it. Went in perfect and the UUC have no failures as far as diff bushings go. The CS removal tool will still work to get the old one out obviously but you dont need any tools to install it. Its a three part bushing. Front, back, and center insert. Slide the two half's in, put a dab of oil on the insert and slide it in. That simple.
I agree. A very solid bombproof piece.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:40 PM
GID
Teching In

Good point about the failures.
Thanks for the input guys, I'll stick with the UUC and look forward to getting rid of the horrible banging back there.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Buy a pair of ear muffs. You will need them. Lol.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had cs loved it
Old 04-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Launching!

UUC reminds me of a press in control arm bushing, looks like someone measured and sourced the part from a kit and that was the end of it.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

I have the UUC diff bushing (bought before CS came out with one) I have nothing negative to say about it, but I would say buy CS. His piece does look better with a steel casing, he's a super good guy, and you'd be helping out the little guy.
I don't own UUC motor mounts, but they way they made them has kind of soured me abit with their company, plus their prices always suck ***.

Quick Reply: UUC or CS Diff Bushing?