Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Cheap magnaflow?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap magnaflow?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

Pm'ed them and asked them the brand and the replied...

"This is a brand new Magnaflow part number 16636. If you send me your zip code, I can quote you our best prices shipped."

So I did and they replied with $610 shipped to my door.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not bad at all, the goign rate has been 675 shipped for the past year or so.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

not bad. Had another ebay vendor tell me $649 shipped for the same kit so $610 sounds really good.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...or you can have a local shop reuse the stock pipes and tips with a pair of Magnaflow mufflers and a Magnaflow resonator or x-section for between $400 to $500.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lubelizard
...or you can have a local shop reuse the stock pipes and tips with a pair of Magnaflow mufflers and a Magnaflow resonator or x-section for between $400 to $500.
Does that have less resonance/sound than the Magnaflow complete setup? My car came with a Magnaflow system, but the slight bit of resonance when cruising was annoying. This is my DD.

I have a Corsa now and love the sound, but the fitment is sooo close. It took a lot of tweaking to get the pipes away from the driveshaft and the cans away from the rear swaybar. It is still quite close to the swaybar though, which bothers me. The Corsa is quieter when cruising compared to the Magnaflow, though (which is on a friend's '05), which I really prefer.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, with the Magnaflow resonator you should experience less drone. It also has an integrated x inside. I don't know what the x-pipe only sounds like coupled with an LS engine, but I'm sure it's louder. If it were me, I'd had a couple resonated tips instead of the stockers. That'd make a full flowing and quiet exhaust. I don't like loud.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Muffler delete sounds just as good and is less than $150 including tips. Stock piping is very good an you already have an xpipe inside stock resonator.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmmmm, I've thought about doing an X pipe with muffler deletes and some nice looking tips.

Doing OBX headers as well and need to look for some mid-pipes.

I've never been big on spending a ton of money on exhaust. Few things separate the most expensive from the mid line ones. Coming from the Audi community it wasn't uncommon to spend $3000+ on a full system.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Teching In

I bought a magnaflow a few years ago along with a few other guys on CF for $420. I don't know if I would do it over again. I think you're just as well off to replace the stock mufflers or cut them off. I would def do an x pipe.

My magnaflow didn't line up with the stock manifolds and then a few years later when I put on the OBX Headers they didn't align very well with the magnaflow. So basically now my magnaflow is all hacked up to make it all work. But the magnaflow is the same diameter as the stock exhaust, so all you're really gaining is an x pipe and louder mufflers.

Oh, and I had an audi before this too, and spending $3K on exhaust is retarded. I know how proud some of those guys are though, but at the end of the day it's just a VW with a nicer emblem.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by VforMe
Oh, and I had an audi before this too, and spending $3K on exhaust is retarded. I know how proud some of those guys are though, but at the end of the day it's just a VW with a nicer emblem.
I also do.. The fastest of the b5's had gutted stock downpipes, and ssautochrome cat backs.

saying an Audi is a VW with a nicer emblem is also like saying and cts-v is a CTS with an additional emblems.

Their was a noticeable difference in quality and moving up to the S4 from the A4 was another vast leap.

Quick Reply: Cheap magnaflow?