Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Detailed pics of pacesetter headers...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailed pics of pacesetter headers...

So I decided to pull the plug on pacesetter's vs. paying 3 times that for Kooks. I understand the security the extra cost brings you, but i'm willing to take my chances.

$385 shipped to my door, Got black stainless zip ties, and 2 rolls of 50' rolls of Black heat wrap.

Oh and I have other goodies too but you'll have to wait to see what's in the box's until it's finished.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im going to venture and say that this board doesn't auto resize? lol

Pics arent that large.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Banned

It has 8/10 welds it will do the job
Old 09-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Good choice, Doc. I bought the exact same pair for the exact same reasons. Had them installed by Tick Performance. No problems with the installation. They made a HUGE difference both in performance and sound. I elected not to wrap mine, I like seeing a little chrome squinting up at me from the engine bay lol. Based on the cost you mentioned, I think we got ours at the same online retailer. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine!

-Marc
Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I saw your thread and it helped me make my decision.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can you post a pic of the inside of the collector? I am thinking about these but would like to see.

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be purchasing these between now & the end of the year hopefully.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pictures bro.
Can you make them any bigger
Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

I love my pacesetters! The fit was perfect, quality is good. Only complaint is that they are about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch longer than the factory manifold & cats were. So my exhaust tips stick out a bit more than when I had the factory stuff on. Otherwise I know I am 100% happy with mine.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Funny, cause as soon as you posted these the quantity of the seller went down from 3 available to 1 available) I just bought the last one))) yep 380 something shipped to my door... Cant beat that
Oh and for the record people all the ones on ebay are way overpriced...HINT check amazon

B4 I forget... Was wondering I you guys needed the o2 extention harness w these. And also I am trying to stay emission compliant for future not to have inspection issues. I didn't order the "off-road" extentions which I believe eliminate the cats. What do I do (hiflo cats, custom fit to the one's I got, or what???) Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Old 09-27-2011, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kl2onik
B4 I forget... Was wondering I you guys needed the o2 extention harness w these. And also I am trying to stay emission compliant for future not to have inspection issues. I didn't order the "off-road" extentions which I believe eliminate the cats. What do I do (hiflo cats, custom fit to the one's I got, or what???) Any suggestions greatly appreciated
no O2 extensions needed and don't buy these if you want cats. there is no place to add any aftermarket ones. the off road extensions that they sell seperate are like 3 inches long. I dont see how you could add high flow cats without cutting up your exhaust.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Hey Cammin; where in NC are you located? I see you got your tune from Nick Williams who I believe now works at Heintz Racing in Mooresville. I gather you're enjoying your Pacesetters. I also was debating what to do about cats and was advised otherwise lol.

-Marc
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like good (enough) quality and the price is good for sure...I am thinking about buying these as well, if I keep the car, since they are also made in USA, right?

Without seeing them side by side, there may be slight performance difference between the two, depending on the primary exit design length, bends, collector and so on, but for the 1 3/4" I bet they are close enough to not drop the extra $$ on the stainless versions (kooks, SW, etc.)...

Now if I were going with 1 7/8" then it doesn't sound like PS makes that size and there is where I'll pay 2-3X more to avoid chinese ripoffs, even if I don't agree the price is reasonable for what you get (IMO, they should be ~$650-700 being they're SS they will be higher, although you still have to coat them in/out for thermal protection so not sure the benefit of spending the extra for SS)...
Old 09-27-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

F**k I def dont wanna cut up my corsa exhaust. How do you pass emissions with long tubes???
Old 09-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Banned

you can have some one that tunes car put the codes that make it pass in your computer if they just plug it under your dash. ps it illegal but its fine if you dont get caught
Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well, guess i'll just do a fresh inspection now and install the extentions and leave the headache for next year...
Old 09-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Teching In

kl2onik: I hear you on the inspection thing. I have a year before inspection is due. That gives me time to either (a) get cats installed somehow/somewhere, or (b) find an inspection station that won't look to see if I have cats. In most areas of NC (if not the entire state), emissions is a visual inspection (no tailpipe sniffer). As long as you're not throwing any codes and don't have any apparent exhaust leaks, you pass. But if they look and don't see cats, you fail. Apparently there are MANY places that don't look for cats, and with my tune the O2's are eliminated via software. So no CEL's. Good luck!

-Marc
Old 09-28-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Everyone keeps arguing the 1-7/8's have bigger performance gains but that's only if u are running FI. On N/A cars, 1-3/4's is plenty. To each their own but why go 1-7/8 on a N/A car just to have more clearance issues and no substantial benefit?

Btw, I'm running kooks on the V but I've run PS on past vehicle and they are nice quality for the money. I would have gone that route if I didn't find my new kooks for cheap.

Oh... Btw, 1-3/4 actually has a slight torque advantage over the 1-7/8's... Not enough to see other than on a dyno so it's negligible but that just shows 1-3/4's are just fine on these cars. This is coming from a buddy of mine who owns a reputable shop and who I got my info from when u was trying to decide on which to run on my car.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Marc...Sadly in PA they are now doing the **** that hooks to your muffler and reads for codes not just a visual. I just bought a tuner today...so r you saying that I should be able to clear the emissions by tuning it prior to the actual inspection and the codes wont show up during the emission inspection or you just meant I can clear the o2 codes on my car cause the cats will be gone while I'm driving it around?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Banned

They can plug in atuner under your dash and put codes into your computer that where never there and if they plug in to test it will say you pasted emissions

Quick Reply: Detailed pics of pacesetter headers...