Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New to the V club

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the V club

Hey whats up. So I just purchased my first car and bought a 2005 ctsv with 40,000 miles. I know a little bit of the ls series engines but I would like yalls opinions on what mods actually worked and what i could do to reach my goals. I don't really want to tear into the engine at the moment since i'm still trying to finish my truck, so lets keep it to bolt on mods. The only mod I have done to the car is the exhaust. I deleted the cats and put 3 inch true duals with a X pipe and magnaflow mufflers.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

First thing i would do is Cold Air Intake and Headers.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sinistersilverado
and what i could do to reach my goals.
Congrats on the car. You didn't say what any of your goals were, though.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skip shift eliminator, new motor and trans mounts, and short shifter... I've had my car for 2yrs and still haven't done this but will get to it one day! These are the best mods to start with...
Old 09-28-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Agreed
Old 09-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by aurora40
Congrats on the car. You didn't say what any of your goals were, though.
sorry about that, forgot to mention it. I'm looking to hit the 12s if possible. idk what these cars can do. i've read on motor trend that they got a 12.9 out of it in stock form, yet i see a lot of people hitting mid 13's here on the forums? I actually just installed my cold air intake and should be receiving my kooks later next week. Until then I will wait to get my car tuned. Is there a different MAF i can upgrade to? How big is the factory TB? Meanwhile I will probaly be looking into motor/trans mounts. I have also read that these cars get really bad wheel hop? I have played around a bit and havent ran into that problem.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They don't hop too badly on the street unless you're really trying. At the track, however, they're very prone to hop on a prepped surface. From what I've read the G-force axle for the passenger side can fix a lot of that hop. The rest is from play in the drivetrain from all the rubber couplers and bushings.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Headers and a tune probably won't quite get you into the 12s I don't think. You've got a 78 mm TB on there, and going to a 90 mm won't be of any benefit until you're able to digest more air (i.e. heads and cam or a maggie).

Rangerrob has a set of DSS axles for sale if you're interested. With my set, I get no WH. They'll handle any power upgrades you plan to do, too, and would be a great addition if you intend to go to the strip.

And, you simply have to get a shifter. Best mod, IMHO.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rand49er
Headers and a tune probably won't quite get you into the 12s I don't think. You've got a 78 mm TB on there, and going to a 90 mm won't be of any benefit until you're able to digest more air (i.e. heads and cam or a maggie).

Rangerrob has a set of DSS axles for sale if you're interested. With my set, I get no WH. They'll handle any power upgrades you plan to do, too, and would be a great addition if you intend to go to the strip.

And, you simply have to get a shifter. Best mod, IMHO.
Thanks for the advice. As for the shifter I have looked into them considering I bang my knuckles every time I shift. I think im going with the uuc shifter since thats what a lot of people prefer.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

pisnuoff i think; has the best shifter. Affordable and great looking product. He is also able to make it shorter if you would like

Quick Reply: New to the V club