Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative steel diff bushing and diff support block review

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Creative steel diff bushing and diff support block review

Been a few years since a car project put me in tears. I hope I was an odd case out but removing the factory bushing was a nightmare. I really have 20 hours into this stupid bushing.

But on to the new one.

The support block slides into place while the diff is lowered. Takes a little persuasion and fits nice and tight. Don't know how much it actually helps but just looking at it should be a good bit of extra support.

The bushing itself is great. Installed in seconds with a home made tool. I used a very short piece of thick walled 2" pipe with a large OD washer welded inside and pressed it back in just like the removal tool.

I may have a tiny bit of extra noise. But nothing annoying. The only place I can say for sure I hear more diff whine than stock is high load accelerating such as 5th gear at real low rpm. Crusing and normal driving I don't hear anything.

My clunk is gone. Results will vary and I don't drive my car as hard as some. I can get on it in 1st or 2nd without worring about what will happen when I push the clutch in. Even a downshift to 3rd at 65mph gave me no grief.

I'm still not going to try for any smokey burnouts but I'm no longer embarrased to get on it with a passenger in the car.

Great product - pain in the *** to get the old one out.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to hear - mine are going in this week.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my torn stock bushing replaced this past thursday with the CS diff bushing and block and MAN what a difference. OP I know exactly what youre talking about....I would be embarrassed to let the clutch out sometimes because of the clunk. Now I can shift / downshift and not one bit of clunk, PERIOD!

What a difference. I was driving down a back road and I even did a 4th gear chirp. LOL

Quick Reply: Creative steel diff bushing and diff support block review