Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Thinking of selling my car. Thought i'd ask what you gents feel it's worth...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thinking of selling my car. Thought i'd ask what you gents feel it's worth...

so i'm flirting with the idea of jumping in to a new V and thought i'd ask you guys what i should be asking for. i see completely stock Vs going anywhere from low 16s through the mid 20s. now, as many of you know my car isn't exactly stock, even more so not just modified sitting on wheels. my coilover suspension in conjunction with my aggressive forged wheels and a hell of a fender roll and pull allow it to illustrate its aggressive stance while having the ease and function of a great daily driver.

when i purchased the car, it was just off lease from the GM of Maroone cadillac in Texas. carfax shows detailed records every 3 months of service from maroone cadillac, so for me it was a hell of a find. here's detailed info on the car:

2005 CTS-V - Stealth Grey
80k miles

wheels/tires:
360 Forged Split Seven, custom finish
front: 20x9 - 245/30/20 nitto invo, 50% tread left (maybe more)
rear: 20x10.5 - 285/30/20 nitto invo, 30% tread left
best part, NOT A SINGLE CURB SCRATCH ON A SINGLE WHEEL, and i will be polishing the wheels before sale and they always look as they just came out of machining, brand new. also have OEM wheels and suspension

suspension:
K-Sport complete coilover

performance:
Volant CAI
LS7 Clutch Assembly kit

i'll take some more recent pics, but most of you know what she looks like any way.

not too long ago

volant

and ofcourse, one of many links to the shoot 21/2 years ago:

360 Forged CTS-V

the front bumper has a small crack by the passenger headlight and a small dent is on the lower part of the rear passenger fender (you can kind of see it above in the last pic). i plan on fixing both after christmas. the paint is good, interior is good, and clutch is amazing. it runs very well and i've never abused it, NEVER. i've never launched it from a dig and have raced twice, both at the same time against an audi on the highway right about when i first bought it.

i don't know, i was thinking low 20s given how awesome the car is, especially compared to other stock ones going for low 20s. what do you guys think? anyone interested?

i'm sure i've forgotten something, so feel free to ask as many questions as you like. all your input is greatly appreciated. thanks.

tt

Last edited by tony tone; 12-15-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly you're better off trying to sell the wheels separate. I'd try that and then list around 20k for the car on stockers with coilovers.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

Wow your car sounds like identical condition to mine with some flaws except I'm returning mine to stock right now. Let us know what you get for it..mine will be on the market soon.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Launching!

V2... DO IT! Glad I did.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

I would also sell rims separately and ask about 20 for it with stock wheels. If leaving the 360's on id ask 22k i know your not getting your money back but i see it being a little harder to sell with such an aggressive stance but who knows there is always a buyer for everything.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My cousin bought one with a little less miles for 15,500. However that was WAAAAY under wholesale. I think you could expect about 17,500 for it at the least, maybe up to 19,000 with the right buyer. You are better off putting the stock rims and tires on for sure though.

Andrew
Old 12-15-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i've thought about raising it and putting the OEM wheels on, but the tires on the stockers are just about done. also, most importantly the wheels would have to go to another V, and specifically stealth grey as they are match-painted (unless you wish to take it apart and refinish it). i think it's a great buy considering how i've taken care of it and took the risk of failure trying to be so aggressive with wide wheels, pulled fenders, and a drop that's unheard of for daily driving while still maintaining exceptional drivability leading me to prevail with great success.

Originally Posted by andrewzpsu
My cousin bought one with a little less miles for 15,500. However that was WAAAAY under wholesale. I think you could expect about 17,500 for it at the least, maybe up to 19,000 with the right buyer. You are better off putting the stock rims and tires on for sure though.

Andrew
there's no way i'm giving up that car, especially how it sits today, for $17,500. 19k? sure if it was stock, but I'm in no rush. there are many Vs out there asking anywhere from 17k to mid 20s, and they're all stock. I'm confident a good buyer than understands what it took to get it where it is today will be snatching this with a quickness. it's not every day you get the opportunity to purchase a car with near 8k in wheels/suspension alone for the same price as a stock one, and these aren't Rotas or cheapy forged wheels with cut springs. it's common sense that i won't be getting back what i paid for it, but as i just mentioned, these aren't bullshit wheels nor bullshit suspension. there's definitely value there. how much? we shall see. I was originally thinking 23k-24k as it is with some wiggle room left for negotiation. i'll add i may jump for 22k, but i'm pretty sure i won't accept anything less than that with the wheels and suspension.

thank you all for your feedback.

Last edited by tony tone; 12-15-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think your initial thinking for price is correct
Old 12-16-2011, 06:29 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You'll probably get it....however, it may take a little while since you have somewhat of a "niche'" car. It would be much easier to sell if you raised it up and put the stockers back on it.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have no doubt she'll go for a respectable price. she looks too damn good, especially in person. twice i've had someone drive by my house and leave a business card with compliments written in the back, one of them with interest in buying it. i still have them so I can probably start there.

i'd really love for it to go in the hands of someone from the V community, not just some random child who will destroy it... i've had nightmares about my wheels getting curbed as they were so pricey. i'm very proud of having them for so long without a single scuff. the only thing you may see is minor hairline scratches on the clear coat near the lugnut holes from mounting/dismounting, but barely noticeable.

happy friday.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:03 AM
Teching In

I have mine listed right now for 19999 obo w/60k miles and pretty similar setup..GL to ya...hoping to get my hands on the new model!
Old 12-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Launching!

I have mine listed for $20,500, under 70K miles. No bites.....
Old 12-24-2011, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold my '06 for $22k IIRC in June(ish), it was super clean and pretty much stock with wheels/catback/shifter. 48k on it I think. Super clean car though:

I'd say raise yours back up, sell the intake etc. and put the stocker back on, then list it for say $18k and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my car. Thought i'd ask what you gents feel it's worth...