Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Some insight plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Some insight plz

We'll if you read my last thread about my my previous installer not putting anything in my car except just a cam you know what im talking about, but ill re-explain as short as I can for the newcomers

about 6 months ago paid $2500 for Cam, dual valve springs, lifters, pushrods, melling oil pump, install and tune

The only thing I got was the cam and an install. Not even a tune. No work order was ever given. (Stupid decision by me)

Yesterday I went in and long story short, he made me a work order of all the stuff he "said" he did and backdated it. So he pretty much lied to face my again (since I checked everything while my car was apart for the maggie install)

I dropped my car off at cunningham motorsports in temecula, CA for the tune of my MP112. Of course those guys are top notch and are going to document tear down and install of new items, which are going to be .650 lift dual valve springs from TexasSpeed, and manly pushrods. Ryne said he will document and take pictures.

My question to you guys is; what kinda of steps would you take. I talked to Ryne and he told me to go to BAR and start a complaint. But the BAR tells you if you want it done quick, try and reason with the shop and get ur refund because their case could take a while. And they wont defend you in court, nor can they transfer refunds to you. So are they useless?

What would you guys do?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 12-30-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell them you took your car to shop that found nothing but a cam and a stock tune
Old 12-30-2011, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

tell who?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

And that they need to make it right or they will be taken to court
Old 12-30-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

The shop that fucjed you
Old 12-31-2011, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do I come in with paperwork from an attorney? or do I just go in verbally? The reason i'm asking is because I hav never dealt with this before
Old 12-31-2011, 12:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well either way. You could just do it verbally and avoid an attorney an see what they do and if they blow you off then get paper work.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

I would go back to the shop and tell them straight up, the parts that you paid for is not in the car. I think once you take it to another place, the shop (the one that is trying to f*ck you) will tell you that where ever you took it must have took the parts out. I wouldnt take it to another place until you get your refund if not it will probably take a while if you do end up getting one. If they do admit there wrong, they will probably want to do the work themselves, of course dont let them. But that is what I would do. Good luck with this bro.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

First get all your evidence together.

You said you had no work order but do you have any documentation of what was to be installed by this shop? Recites? Anything Itemized? Then grab so pictures to prove that the components on the car now are not the one agreed upon.

Go to the shop with this and then threaten them with a civil suit verbally + write all this down in a letter and give it to them dated w/ signature. Play it cool getting angry wont get you anywhere. Verbally claim that you will give them a few days to think it over but after X date your going to a lawyer and getting them to file a suit. File a complaint with the BAR ASAP iMO.. It will only help you in the long run if you go to court. Start asking people you know, who used the shop if this has happened to anyone else. the more research you do and bring to the lawyers the better..

Then see what happens. Go to the lawyers if they drag their heels
Old 12-31-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

My guess is that they are going to pull a "we told the customer that it would viloate current smog laws for us to put a tune on the car and it would violate the warranty, if any.
What excuse they will use for installing the cam is anybody's guess.
If they don't have anything to go to court on, they are stupid.
All you have is a verbal agreement, which won't stand up well in court, I don't think.
And they are probably going to claim that they inspected the cam / car per your request and found the factory cam to have worn lobes, and that they replaced it with a stock cam.
They are not going to go to court and state under oath that they installed a non factory cam, or one that won't pass PRK smog laws.
FWIW, IMHO, & HTH
Old 12-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

You may have more luck going through the credit card company or bank (if you paid with a cc or debit card). I really doubt the shop is going to do much for you, they have already proved themselves to be dishonest. If you paid cash...I have no clue :-/. Good luck and I hope they make it right for you.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

File a suit and move on.

You can probably keep it in small claims court.

Make sure you take pics, date and witness them and also get notarized statements.

Because of "discovery" laws, you will have to disclose all information you have to the other side before a judge will see it.

That is to convince the parties to settle before wasting court time.

If all your "proof" doesn't convince the shop to settle, keep your court date.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:30 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

Make a YouTube vid with proper footage of parts not installed. Put the companies name in the Title and forward it to anyone and everyone. Every forum....
Old 12-31-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive taken lots of pictures, and I even videotaped the time and date going in and coming out of the shop to get my work order.

But yeah, just to clarify with everyone, I do finally have a work order, and I also have taken pictures.

CMS is going to also document all they can for me

I think im gonna Serve them with a letter giving them X amounts of days to figure out what they wana do. I just gotta find someone who isnt related to me to serve them. I'm going to skip the whole verbal thing. I'd rather just get to the point
Old 12-31-2011, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

As EazyZ06 said if you paid with your CC or Debit Card call them. They have a lot more power than you think. They can reverse the charges real quick which should get someones attention
Old 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lawyers are a waste of time and money for $2500, trust me, I have six of them in my family. You got screwed plain and simple. Their half assed work on your car was to get your money by deceit and they are not likely to engage in any type of discussion or entertain any notion regarding them giving you money back or working for free.

You can try small claims court since it is under $5k, but even then the burden of proof is on you to prove that they did not do what was claimed. Honestly, whats to stop you from taking all those nice new parts and selling them to your buddy for $500 and suing for your $2500 back, which will surely be their defense. You must prove beyond reasonable doubt what was done, and honestly, that's not going to be easy at this point. About the only way to win here is to have an employee testify that they did not do what was charged for, and good luck with that.

You got screwed by someone who would rather steal $2500 from each customer rather than have repeat customers. Spread the word about them...take out an ad in the paper, post a daily Craig's List ad, etc. Whatever it takes to get people to stop going to them, that is about the only way to get anything back so to speak.

Quick Reply: Some insight plz