Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Magnaflow install

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnaflow install

Just finished installing a used Magnaflow on my 04 and had a couple quick questions.
I removed the support about 3/4 down the car that went under the stock exhaust but was not able to get the magnaflow high enough to put it back in. Is that even needed ? It wasn't mentioned in the .pdf.
Next I had a hard time getting it to seal around the cat and ended up having to really wrench down on the flange to get it done. Is that necessary or should I remove it and clean both surfaces and add a little anti-seize to get it straight and sealed.
Last the tips are really close to the bumper. Do I need to worry about it melting the bumper ?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

As for getting the seal at the cat, mine ended up needing to have the donut gaskets there replaced. Couldn't get it to seal at all, and one of them ended up getting slightly torn when pulling the stock exhaust off, so I got new ones from the dealer and all is good now.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
As for getting the seal at the cat, mine ended up needing to have the donut gaskets there replaced. Couldn't get it to seal at all, and one of them ended up getting slightly torn when pulling the stock exhaust off, so I got new ones from the dealer and all is good now.
I'll have to check that. I did not realise that was a gasket.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 AM
On The Tree

Yeah definitely get new donuts. Don't worry about the bar in the middle. Most of us took it off.
You can adjust the tips. They may just sag after driving around a while. Took me a few tries before I got mine right.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Found the gaskets but ended up mucking up one of the studs. Gonna to replace it if I can get it off.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That little brace won't fit back on with the Magnaflow. I think stock and Corsa are the only ones you can use it with?

You can probably adjust the tip spacing by loosening up the clamps and pushing the middle of the system up more, it should bring the tips down.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. I could not see if that brace had any real use. I did get the tips spaced well and now have about 1mm clearance from the bumper. That should leave enough space to prevent melting. If I want more I can just bend the tabs a little.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow install