Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

T/C won't turn off or Comp Mode

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T/C won't turn off or Comp Mode

Since I've owned my V, I've had to run with TC off due to something wrong with the stability system. I've replaced the wheel speed sensors and it still didn't fix the issue. I just gave up and have ran it all this time having to turn TC off before I take off. If I leave it on the stability system will "engage" and you can feel it braking the wheels causing the car to feel like it's jerking itself off the road. So for the past days it simply won't turn off. I've tried the steering wheel button as well as the one inside the dash. It will not go into Comp Mode either, but the yellow TC light on the dash does come on. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas on how to get it to turn back off??
Thanks Damon
Old 01-19-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

there are three settings, disabling T/C, comp mode and disabling stability system. Are you not able to disable the stability system? because if the dash for TC comes on then the traction control is off/reduced. Are you referring to holding the button for 10 seconds and on the NAV screen it displays "stability system off" ?
Old 01-19-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah that's what I'm talking about.....I've had the car for 2 years and 90k miles and it has been turned off EVERY time I've driven the car by pressing the steering wheel control for the 10 seconds. Normally about 5 miles after I take off a "Service Stability System" screen will display and I simply clear it. Well since yesterday morning it will not turn the system off even though the dash light shows that it is "off".....No nav screen alert showing "off" or "comp mode" will display. I held it for at least 2 minutes this morning and the entire time I drive it the system engages and tries to correct something that's not wrong.....It's about to be S O L D for real if issues like this begin to pop up.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd start by pulling the battery for 10 minutes

For about a week my nav screen stopped displaying the 'suggestions' headlamps, stability, etc...then it came back.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Well I hopped in this morning and after holding for 10 seconds it went off just like it used to do. Maybe she just wanted to be parked in the back yard. Thanks for the suggestions guys. New rear brakes to come in the am.

Quick Reply: T/C won't turn off or Comp Mode