Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Write-up for 5-lug conversion for V1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Write-up for 5-lug conversion for V1?

Can someone point me in the right direction for a decent writeup for the swap? I can't seem to find the details except to get C5 hubs and calipers.

thanks for any help,
d
Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Memory is that you have to run the C5 hubs and Z06 rotors to make it work. Are you doing this just to get more wheel options?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Yes. i haven't seen anything i like in current aftermarket wheels
Old 01-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats all there is to it. Use c56 hubs and you can actually use re drilled stock v rotors if you wanted. Just compare diameter to the rotors to see which is the right size, i believe the z06 rotors are right.......its really just a bolt on swap once it comes down to it.......
Old 01-21-2012, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Just get a V, you wont regret it...LS2/6, 6 lug, brembos, suede interior, Navi, Limited slip, nicer front end, dual exh (if you have the 2.8), HID's...
Old 01-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by family-man
Just get a V, you wont regret it...LS2/6, 6 lug, brembos, suede interior, Navi, Limited slip, nicer front end, dual exh (if you have the 2.8), HID's...
already have that, and do not want 6 lug wheels

Originally Posted by 06vLo
thats all there is to it. Use c56 hubs and you can actually use re drilled stock v rotors if you wanted. Just compare diameter to the rotors to see which is the right size, i believe the z06 rotors are right.......its really just a bolt on swap once it comes down to it.......
Originally Posted by DMM
Memory is that you have to run the C5 hubs and Z06 rotors to make it work. Are you doing this just to get more wheel options?
good to know; i'll start stalking for parts
Old 01-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

OT: not hating on LS1tech, but can anyone recommend a good V-specific forum? I can't register at one (cadillac forums?) because of an issue with the spam eliminator tool.

I've got tons of questions and I don't think this is the place for them.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Teching In

What is that?
Old 01-22-2012, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by celicaxx
OT: not hating on LS1tech, but can anyone recommend a good V-specific forum? I can't register at one (cadillac forums?) because of an issue with the spam eliminator tool.

I've got tons of questions and I don't think this is the place for them.
This forum and cadillacforums are about it for high traffic sites. Most folks keep an eye on both, so fire away, and you will get the answers.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:04 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

I have found that there is more info on here than CF...every thread on CF is on LS1 Tech and then some. Not to mention you can get vendor advise if you ever have the need.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

Originally Posted by celicaxx
Can someone point me in the right direction for a decent writeup for the swap? I can't seem to find the details except to get C5 hubs and calipers.

thanks for any help,
d
C5 hubs and redrill your stock V rotors for the 5 3/4 bolt pattern. I did it on my V and I am great
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

2nd that... cadillac forums is a pretty dry site here lately... You have bigger knowledge base here as most of the V1 mods
come from either a Vette, Camaro, or GTO... all LS motors. Suspension stuff you find on here alot easier as none of the
guys on cadillacforums run coilovers and nice wheels... dont get it twisted... there some nice V's on cadillacforums but i
have gotten more info and help here then on there...

Originally Posted by DMM
I have found that there is more info on here than CF...every thread on CF is on LS1 Tech and then some. Not to mention you can get vendor advise if you ever have the need.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Without a doubt this forum shares more knowledge than CF, and besides the CF site BLOWS to say the least.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JimmyHemroid
C5 hubs and redrill your stock V rotors for the 5 3/4 bolt pattern. I did it on my V and I am great
So are the Z06 rotors not the same diameter or offset? I'd rather not redrill the stock ones, although we have a Bridgeport at work.

Guess I'll make a list of questions, of course after using the search tool.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:26 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like the front hubs are $170/ea ($340), the rear hubs are $297/ea($594), and rotors are about $75/ea ($300) on Rockauto.com. So, for a grand total of $1528.00 + shipping you can buy yourself some nice new rims. The Z06 rotors and hubs will work, so quit beating this thing to death.

I wouldn't re-drill the old rotors, that's just outright butchery...if you're going to **** with your brakes, do it right.

That is a pretty tough pill to swallow for rims though...good thing I like the OE design.
The following users liked this post:
54inches (05-11-2022)
Old 02-27-2012, 03:33 PM
N G

Default Let's get to the point.

Everyone is interested in the 5 lug swap for the 04-07 CTS-V. Problem, nobody gives a a concise explanation of the multiple options or methods of accomplishing the tasks.

Question: Will a pre-09 Corvette Z06 hub and rotor mount up to the 04-07 CTS-V without extra machining or without loss of emergency brake. If so, will there be any issues with using the stock caliper for the CTS-V? And, will there be clearance issues if the Z06 wheel/rims used...?

This is the question everyone wants to know, but honestely, I have not seen asked or answered definitively.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:11 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, it can and has been done. There was a long thread over on CF where a guy got a totaled (rolled) 05 Raven V for road racing. He had a bunch of C5/6 parts left over sitting in his garage so that is what went on the car. He used the C5/6 wheel hubs, Z06 rotors (he had back to back pics and they were the same), OE Brembo calipers, and black BMW (11 spoke?) wheels. I think they were from an M-5. This is all that was done...no machining, hammering, etc.

He also installed a stock C5/6 shifter and gutted a lot of weight out of the interior using aftermarket seats. He showed a metal plate installed behind the rear seat that weighed 70 lbs itself. He also threw on a Pro-Charger off of a C5/6.

This works and I have already seen the thread once, if you want to see it for yourself go ahead and find it. Sometime you actually have to go after what you are looking for.

And thanks for contributing with your one post.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:33 PM
N G

I saw that post. I have done plenty of research. Your right, just one person I have seen do it (in a post) but what concerns me is that everyone mentions the same post.

If machining is necessary than I am not afraid of a little work but on the other hand... if there is a direct bolt up that will lead to limited or no negatives and many positives than obviously I'd rather go that route (am sure others will as well).

I am going to attempt this conversion. I will deliver play by play photos and instruction on how it goes.... just suprised everyone talks about converting (redrilling, machining, etc.) but only one post (for the most part) of someone doing a direct bolt on solution???

Stay tuned for more posts with actual direct bolt on solution for the 5 hub conversion (if it exists... not being negative... just don't see many doing it). Let's all hope I still have an emergency brake and the rotors hold up (fingers crossed). Ordering parts soon (pre-09 Z06 hub and rotors).
Old 02-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

z06 rotors won't work if you want a parking brake. 09-12 V2 rear rotors bolt on, fronts if you change caliper
Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 PM
N G

Originally Posted by thebigjmsho
z06 rotors won't work if you want a parking brake. 09-12 V2 rear rotors bolt on, fronts if you change caliper
Thanks for the info bigjmsho. Very informative. Putting together the shopping list now.

List for direct bolt on for 5 lug conversion (w/o loss of emergency brake)

1. pre-09 Z06 hubs
2. pre-09 Z06 front rotors
3. 09-12 V2 rear rotors

If I can make this work for under $1500 (minus new rims) then I'll be a happy man. I thought really hard about what you mentioned in regards to using the 09-12 rotors all the way around and then just changing the caliper in the front to make it work.... but anyway I can safely save a buck and forego extra steps in the conversion in this project I will have to do... as long as I am not reducing performance and safety.

This will be my last post on this subject until the project is complete. If anyone sees any concerns with what I am attempting, from a parts list and/or performance standpoint, feel free to chime in.... lots of smart people in this forum and I'll take any advice I can get that's productive.

Quick Reply: Write-up for 5-lug conversion for V1?