Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

extreme comp hood people where r u?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extreme comp hood people where r u?

Thinking of picking one of these up with the vents...Heard they require a good bit of pre prep work before the instal. Any info appreciated...btw what was the shipping
Old 02-02-2012, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kl2onik
Thinking of picking one of these up with the vents...Heard they require a good bit of pre prep work before the instal. Any info appreciated...btw what was the shipping

Quite a bit of prep due to the louvers...... You get it with holes in the hood & the louvers in box.
Been way to long to remember how much the shipping was.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

shipping for mine was 147 to a business address.....I'm in Springfield Mo. Also keep in mind, they make it on request, so its about a 2 week waiting period for it to be made.

The shop that did mine, had to do A LOT of prep work, to make it look good, cost be about $400 just in labor of cleaning it up, installing the vents and paint

edit...now that i remember, there was a front piece of the hood that was damaged in shipping...under where that chrome piece goes, it was $200, to get that fixed, but they paid for that...so technically I paid $200 for labor/paint on it
Old 02-03-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Nose piece thing got damaged on mine too. I want to have my vents blended in, if I have to modify my hood anyways for the blower.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I asked EC a lot of questions about the vents. They come 'ready to be installed', but isn't a big deal "per EC". It just comes down to if you want them blended (no seam around edge of vent) or not (vent seam visible, looks like it was "added"). To blend just requires some bondo (again) "per EC". Dunno if they were trying to minimize the effort to get me to buy it.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LAYGO
I asked EC a lot of questions about the vents. They come 'ready to be installed', but isn't a big deal "per EC". It just comes down to if you want them blended (no seam around edge of vent) or not (vent seam visible, looks like it was "added"). To blend just requires some bondo (again) "per EC". Dunno if they were trying to minimize the effort to get me to buy it.
with mine, the shop says it was a PITA, my holes werent even cut that great, and the shop had to do a lot of clean up on it....I think I took some pics, let me try to find them
Old 02-04-2012, 06:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here is what the hood looked like upon arrival...

had to clean this up a lot to even get the vent to be able to sit there properly

this was the piece that was damaged in shipping...they ended up fixing the whole front end of the hood, cause on one side it was this as could be, and shutting the hood once would have caused it to break

my shop was able to clean it up, but they wouldn't do it again, it had a lot of those little pin holes that you can see in fiberglass, that they needed to clean up as well, but they did.....here are the pics of it finished...its still has some swirls in the paint because you have to let the paint cure for 90 days, and these pics were before that point, after the 90 days, i brought the car back, and they cleaned it up

As it goes, I love the hood, and am glad that I did get it, to me it just adds a major tone of aggressiveness to the car and I get a lot of compliments about the hood as well
Old 02-04-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Makes me glad I didn't get the EC hood. My shop didn't say a peep about the Spectre hood. YOu get squirter holes with the SW hood, not so with the EC hood. I use my squirters.

Although, it looks like the fitment around grill looks better than mine:

Old 02-04-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the pics itsav puts things in perspective. Still think Im gonna go with one of these cause they look great after its all finished. Now to place the order and bite my lip.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Laygo your hood looks good but the fittment is off. Just a little tweaking will fix that.
I love both hoods, so im still undecided still.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lupers3
Laygo your hood looks good but the fittment is off. Just a little tweaking will fix that.
I love both hoods, so im still undecided still.
Ya think? I even said so myself & the reason I took the pics. It's a lil better, but still no perfect. I think my grill/front bumper is a lil skewed too. I've had the bumper off twice & nothing looks crinkled under there like it was in a wreck or anything.