GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!! - LS1TECH



Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I)
The Caddy with an Attitude...

GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 601
Default GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!

So I was trolling ebay and found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PONTIAC-GTO-...#ht_500wt_1180

and gave it a try. I contacted the seller and they did it with grey stitching at no extra charge. Leather quality is great and the stitching color matched pretty well. I dont think you can beat it for $24 shipped. Delivery to my door took 5 days.

Here are some pics:





azn2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
TECH Resident
iTrader: (4)
 
odthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: heading South East on Bakalakadaka street
Posts: 817
Default

Where'd you get the ****?
odthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 601
Default

Its a GT500 ****. Great weight to them. I sell them with my shifters that I modify. PM me if you want to buy. They are not expensive. You would get the shift **** and thread stalk to weld on your shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
Where'd you get the ****?
azn2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
LAYGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cross Roads, Tx
Posts: 1,065
Default

What is that frame the boot is attached to? I'm in desparate need of a new ring more than a boot. I wouldn't mind a snazzy new boot tho . . .
LAYGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #5
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 601
Default

LAYGO: I remember commenting on ur shifter about ur bezel, I guess u didnt see it. The bezel is just the factory one with the paint/rubber coating scrapped off of it. Real easy to remove. Use your fingernail or a plastic scrapper. Underneath is a shiny black plastic. If I remember yours is pretty scratched up. Let me know if u have any more questions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYGO View Post
What is that frame the boot is attached to? I'm in desparate need of a new ring more than a boot. I wouldn't mind a snazzy new boot tho . . .
azn2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
LAYGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cross Roads, Tx
Posts: 1,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn2dmax View Post
LAYGO: I remember commenting on ur shifter about ur bezel, I guess u didnt see it. The bezel is just the factory one with the paint/rubber coating scrapped off of it. Real easy to remove. Use your fingernail or a plastic scrapper. Underneath is a shiny black plastic. If I remember yours is pretty scratched up. Let me know if u have any more questions.
Yea, I remember that comment, but I didn't realize that's what it looks like with it all removed. Wonder if PlastiDip would look ok on it after all that crap is removed?

That same rubberized crap is on the dash bezels too.

My boot bezels IS gnarly:


Still love my shifter with the white **** though:
LAYGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
Staging Lane
iTrader: (2)
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Front Royal, VA
Posts: 77
Default

Thanks for the tip, this might be the comprimise I was looking for, since I wanted a V2 ****, but Holden boot.
jwilson2598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
TECH Fanatic
 
shadyLS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Jerzy
Posts: 1,013
Default

Yeaaa budddy looks good w/ the shelby ****.. i have the same one with the Gto **** thou. needs more weight.

I painted my trim bezel gloss black.. hated it b/c it stuck out to much haha then painted it flat black looked great before the install of the shiftboot.. haha should have used a clear coat..



i want a TWM shift ***** but 130+ for the one i want is alittle steep.. and that with no gear indicator
shadyLS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 601
Default

Thanks! Love your steering wheel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyLS6 View Post
Yeaaa budddy looks good w/ the shelby ****.. i have the same one with the Gto **** thou. needs more weight.

I painted my trim bezel gloss black.. hated it b/c it stuck out to much haha then painted it flat black looked great before the install of the shiftboot.. haha should have used a clear coat..



i want a TWM shift ***** but 130+ for the one i want is alittle steep.. and that with no gear indicator
azn2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #10
Teching In
iTrader: (2)
 
VinATL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 31
Default

I just Dipped my shifter bezel, waiting on a Redline boot to show up. Wish I had seen that before I went with Redline.

I'll get pics up with the masked off bezel under 4 coats of plastidip. If the damn boot shows, I'll take pics of the final setup.

Figure if the Dip don't work, I can always paint it later.
VinATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #11
Staging Lane
iTrader: (2)
 
jwilson2598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Front Royal, VA
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn2dmax View Post
So I was trolling ebay and found this

and gave it a try. I contacted the seller and they did it with grey stitching at no extra charge. Leather quality is great and the stitching color matched pretty well. I dont think you can beat it for $24 shipped. Delivery to my door took 5 days.
How long did it take them to get back to you? I sent them a question asking about how to get one with grey stitching instead of red and still no response...
jwilson2598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 601
Default

They were pretty quick with their response. Same day actually. Maybe message them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson2598 View Post
How long did it take them to get back to you? I sent them a question asking about how to get one with grey stitching instead of red and still no response...
azn2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #13
TECH Fanatic
 
shadyLS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Jerzy
Posts: 1,013
Default

i tired to plastidip the bezel as well but no matter how many coats i laid down it would never dry with a consistent finish.. a tiny pot mark here and there made me strip it and do the flat black.. poast pics when your done

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn2dmax View Post
Thanks! Love your steering wheel!!
cant go wrong with swayyyydeeeeee
shadyLS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #14
TECH Resident
iTrader: (2)
 
jcollege's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 929
Default

Looks great, I may have to order that boot too, thanks for sharing!
jcollege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn2dmax View Post
So I was trolling ebay and found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PONTIAC-GTO-...#ht_500wt_1180

and gave it a try. I contacted the seller and they did it with grey stitching at no extra charge. Leather quality is great and the stitching color matched pretty well. I dont think you can beat it for $24 shipped. Delivery to my door took 5 days.

Here are some pics:






Does this snap right in to the stock trim ring or is there a bit of work there to get it to fit?
garrettg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 342
Default

Found some threads looks like a bit of work but not bad removing the old and fitting the new boot.
garrettg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor
iTrader: (40)
 
BMR Sales2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 3,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettg View Post
Found some threads looks like a bit of work but not bad removing the old and fitting the new boot.
If you don't mind post some links to the threads you found about this. I have a 2005 CTS-V and I am very interested.
BMR Sales2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #18
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales2 View Post
If you don't mind post some links to the threads you found about this. I have a 2005 CTS-V and I am very interested.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...boot-pics.html

Should be a step easier then this writeup since it doesn't come attached to any trim ring.
garrettg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #19
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 601
Default

Its a 15 min job. Real easy. The how to thread^^^^^ is really good. Sorry I didnt post a how to.
azn2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
Teching In
iTrader: (2)
 
VinATL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 31
Default

Since I promised pics when I was done... I'm done. I might change the way the boot sits just a hair, but here she is.

The boot is a Redline boot with tan stitching. The **** is a TWM Performance Piston **** with my 'holy crap that's cold' o-ring mod. Makes a world of difference. You can call that the VinATL mod.

The bezel is 4 coats of Plastidip. I scraped off the rubber coating of crap, and wet sanded it. Came out well. The little tiny spec is painters tape that didn't come off, which I just noticed.
Attached Thumbnails
GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1181.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1182.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1183.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1184.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1185.jpg  

VinATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shifter Trim Alcantara Mod azn2dmax Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) 16 02-12-2013 04:17 PM
Alcantara Mods azn2dmax Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) 7 03-12-2012 01:55 PM
Custom Hurst Shifter Stalk and Hurst Knob Teaser azn2dmax Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) 7 03-01-2012 08:24 PM
New to me 2005 V!!! azn2dmax Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) 11 01-02-2012 07:30 PM
Add 10 HP for $13 azn2dmax Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) 9 05-15-2011 09:06 PM


Tags
2004, bezel, boot, ctsv, dip, grey, gto, leather, number, oem, part, plasti, pontiac, shift, shifter, stitching

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.