Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

tpms sensors and dr

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tpms sensors and dr

Hey guys i have a v1 yhat im going to be puting some m&h dr on.ill be running about 11 to 15psi in them. I need to know if the low psi alarm in the tpms system will handycap the cars prefomance any. If so i can just put the tpms sensors in the front tires so the car wont see the fault.
Thanks guys
-alex
Old 02-14-2012, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Performance won't be affected, however you won't be able to put the car into competitive driving mode. That goes for either having the sensors installed with the tires aired down, or not having sensors in the rear at all. However that shouldn't be an issue as you'll likely want to defeat traction control as well as stability control for the drag strip.
Mike
Old 02-14-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So what does puting the car in"competitve driving mode"do ?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Turns off traction control and reduces the authority of stability control
Old 02-14-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can u change the setting for tc and stability control with hptunners? Becues id like to keep the tpms sensors in the rear even with a low psi
Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Troll Banned For Creating Multiple Accounts (thebigjmsho, JimmyHemroid, AND Junior1))

Originally Posted by Black Majick
Performance won't be affected, however you won't be able to put the car into competitive driving mode. That goes for either having the sensors installed with the tires aired down, or not having sensors in the rear at all. However that shouldn't be an issue as you'll likely want to defeat traction control as well as stability control for the drag strip.
Mike
This is inaccurate. While it is true you won't be able to put the car in "competive driving mode", you also WILL NOT be able to turn off stability control either. The traction control light will stay on indicating its malfunctioning. On my car it took a week or so for the pcm to figure out the sensors weren't there
As far as HP Tuners, no idea
Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I normally swap out tires for track days (all 4) they don't have TPMS in them, and by the time I make it to the track (1 Hr) the car has figured it out, and lets me put it into competitive mode or stability off mode.

I also know of some guys that placed tpms in some pvc pipe with endcaps, and pressurized it, then threw them in the trunk, that way the car sees the pressure is all good.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Regular

U cannot mess with the tpms with hptuners. The tpms is part of the bcm, not pcm, and hptuners is unable to communicate with the bcm. U can however shut the tpms off with a tech 2. Or u can just remove the tpms sensors all together and disable the tpms that way.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

Originally Posted by rjoffe
I normally swap out tires for track days (all 4) they don't have TPMS in them, and by the time I make it to the track (1 Hr) the car has figured it out, and lets me put it into competitive mode or stability off mode.

I also know of some guys that placed tpms in some pvc pipe with endcaps, and pressurized it, then threw them in the trunk, that way the car sees the pressure is all good.

Hmmm.....
Old 02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thebigjmsho
Hmmm.....
You know you like that !
Old 02-15-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What if the bcu sees that the rear is just low psi all the time. My car will be on DR all the time and it would be nice to.see the tire pressure on the dash
Old 02-15-2012, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What if the bcu sees that the rear is just low psi all the time. My car will be on DR all the time and it would be nice to.see the tire pressure on the dash

Quick Reply: tpms sensors and dr