Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

HP Tuners info-dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuners info-dyno tune

Having the V dyno tuned today. Will be done using HP Tuners. Is there anything along the electrical/fuse side that should be disconnected beforehand? Such as Onstar/Nav? I want to make sure I dont lock out the pcm, etc (if thats even possible).
Old 03-22-2012, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

You don't need to unplug anything. Just make sure EVERYTHING is turned off (lights, radio, doors closed) when they flash the computer. If your battery is in good shape, you should have no problems.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Twitch1
You don't need to unplug anything. Just make sure EVERYTHING is turned off (lights, radio, doors closed) when they flash the computer. If your battery is in good shape, you should have no problems.
Appreciate the feedback! Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did what Twitch mentioned and sometimes i have to pull the radio fuse... but hopefully you dont need to do that
Old 03-22-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Twitch1
Twitch nailed it, I've flashed mine a dozen or more times without an issue. Keep everything off and you will be fine. Another thing you might want to watch is when flashing the ECU the laptop needs to be running on battery power, having it plugged in can cause ground offset and screw with the flash.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

I've never had a problem leaving lights on or doors open with HP Tuners...hundreds of flashes over the years. The one thing I've never tried is flashing with the laptop plugged in as the others said. Its a big fat warning and although you will probably be fine more ofthen than not, I've never tried it..haha.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners info-dyno tune