Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Do not deal with nfl2008!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do not deal with nfl2008!!!

Well guys,
I bought some wheels off this guy (NFL2008) that were posted on azn2dmax's WTB thread looking for two accessory wheels. NFL2008 (first name Webster and located in Virginia and phone # 434-962-2345) posted that he had a set of 4 freshly powdercoated gloss black accessory wheels with tires he'd sell. Wanted $500 a pair or $850 for the entire set. Figured i'd give them a shot since i had been considering either doing my stockers black or buying a set of the accessory wheels so why not combine the ideas and see how it looks. I text him and had him send me a couple pics. The pics he sent weren't very clear and from what i could tell, they just looked like gloss black accessory wheels as he had told me they were with the BFG tires on them as he had described. He assured me that they hadn't been mounted on a car since he got them back from powdercoat and they are absolutely perfect. He was easy to get in touch with in the beginning (of course) and seemed like a straight forward guy. I sent payment immediately upon him assuring me that the wheels were exactly as described. Well, the wheels just got here and they aren't accessory wheels!! They are the 18" Mille Miglia wheels powdercoated gloss black! I contacted him and told him these aren't the accessory wheels and he said thats what he was told they were when he bought them. I told him i wasn't interested in these and asked for a refund considering they aren't what he had described whether it was done intentionally or not and that i'd even eat shipping cost. He said he already spent the money and he is now no longer responding to my texts or calls.

Just a heads up to anyone who knows this guy or intends to deal with him in the future. I've given him ample time to respond and take care of this situation before posting this on here for everyone to see.

If this guy was local, i'd be taking care of this situation face to face. In all the years i've been buying/selling stuff, i've never had an issue like this.

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 03-29-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks man! Hopefully it gets worked out.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

I hope so too but its not looking likely at this point. I mean i could file a dispute with paypal and let that run its course but thats likely to take a month or more before things are resolved and before i'll see my money again. Almost better off reposting them in the classified with a HONEST description this time and trying to recoupe what i spent or close to it. I mean they aren't bad looking wheels... just not what i'm looking for. The powdercoat is fresh and i can tell they haven't been mounted since coating by looking at the back of the wheels. That part he was honest about. The fact that he said they were one thing and turned out to be another is what i'm pissed about.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you went through paypal file a claim with them!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Almost better off reposting them in the classified with a HONEST description this time and trying to recoupe what i spent or close to it. I mean they aren't bad looking wheels... just not what i'm looking for. The powdercoat is fresh and i can tell they haven't been mounted since coating by looking at the back of the wheels. That part he was honest about. The fact that he said they were one thing and turned out to be another is what i'm pissed about.
Can you post pics of them ?? I might be interested
Old 03-29-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh I'm going to. And funny I get a text from him right after all of this was posted saying he wasnt avoiding me. Lol and now he's trying to defend himself on his itrader feedback in response to the negative feedback i left spewing bullshit he knows isn't true in an attempt to recover from shady dealing. Trying to speculate that I'm not happy with these aftermarket wheels because he saw i posted saying i want the forgeline 19's now instead. Lol Bottom line... He said he was sending me factory accessory wheels and that's not what was sent. End of story.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I'll post some pics. At the gym right now but when I get home to my laptop, I'll post em up. Or text me and I'll send em that way... 832-298-0768
Old 03-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Teching In

You sent money without being sure of what you were buying and couldn't even tell they weren't the wheels you were looking for by looking at pictures?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Launching!

That sucks the seller won't work with you on this mistake. I don't think you can place the full blame on him since you saw the pics of what you were getting and still sent the money. Having said that, I still think he should work with you on the refund, especially if you were to cover shipping.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:43 PM
TECH Veteran

He sent me pics but they werent the best quality and the wheels actually look quite similar to the accessory wheels. Same split spoke design and being powdercoated black, isnt much to see in pics. I honestly didn't know they made another wheel for the V that is anything like the accessory wheel so yes... Maybe I should have had him send more pics and inspected them with a fine tooth comb. However, when someone tells u they have something and that something is what u are looking to buy, that's what you should get upon payment. Had he said they weren't accessory wheels, I would have simply passed on them but he was adamant that they were so I took his word along with the couple pics he sent that from what I could tell looked just like them.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i'll buy one or two off of you...
Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

dispute it with paypal. They have always come through on my disputes that werent my fault. Pretty easy to deal with
Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

If you paid using a credit card thru PayPal contact your credit card fastest way to get your money back. PayPal can't do crap I learned that lesson the hard way.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Veteran

I'll post pics tomorrow. Disputing through PayPal is def an option but it's a lengthy process. If someone wants them, I'll just sell them and leave the situation alone. The seller has since contacted me and is somewhat trying to work with me now to make things right but instead of paying again to ship them to him, I'm going to post them up and hopefully they sell. They are good looking wheels, just not exactly what I wanted.

I'll take $850 shipped for them and I'll post pics tomorrow. Or... Feel free to text me like i said and I can send pics immediately by phone.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Veteran

They are 18" Mille Miglia wheels powdercoated gloss black. Don't have center caps but I believe stock caps will fit them. Not 100% sure on that though since I just pulled them out and put them back in the boxes but it looks like they would. Tires are 265/40/18 BFG Kdw's with about 40% tread left.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Post some pictures i wanna see if it was your fault or his lmfao!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where in VA is he located?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
They are 18" Mille Miglia wheels powdercoated gloss black. Don't have center caps but I believe stock caps will fit them. Not 100% sure on that though since I just pulled them out and put them back in the boxes but it looks like they would. Tires are 265/40/18 BFG Kdw's with about 40% tread left.
the stock center caps are much too large to fit your wheel.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Launching!

Keep in mind it sounds like the seller made the same mistake you did. He took someone's word that they were the accessory wheels and passed that info on to you. It's a crap situation for everyone. Lesson learned.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you pay shipping I think the seller has no reason not to refund you. Shipping on that set is the b*tch and money down the drain...I was in the market for a set of black wheels post up some pics.

Quick Reply: Do not deal with nfl2008!!!