Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New to the CTS-V world.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New to the CTS-V world.

I never expected to own this car but I came across on a cash I could not refuse and had to take it off their driveway.. The car is an 04 and has 88k miles. Overall it is in great condition with a few scuff on the black paint.. No biggie.
Before I start modding I want to take care of some very well known issues with these vehicles.
First, I want to fix the rear axle bushing that goes bad in these cars.. I know it's an issue in my car becasue I can hear every once in a while.. Can anybody guide in the right direction of what is it exactly I need to change and where I can get it or what brand to buy if there several options available...
Next, I want to replace the engine and motor mounts.. I have a feeling they are gone at 88k.. Who sell these and what brand do you all recommend..
I am new manual.. What are simptons that the clutch is going out.. I have nothing to believe it is but I am just curous since the car is almost reaching 100k..
Old 04-29-2012, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For diff bushing I recommend Creative Steel.
For motor mounts you have more options:
Creative Steel, Revshift, and UMI.

Congrats on the V!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did you get it for if you dont mind me asking
Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on creative steel for the differential bushing, as well as their diff block that goes above the diff while you're changing the bushing. I also have the creative steel motor mounts, which are stiffer and should last longer than stock ones, but add a small amount of vibration. Revshift makes motor mounts as well that come in two different hardness ratings, and UMI makes mounts that also have gotten good reviews.

You can test the clutch by driving about 50 mph in 5th gear, then push in the clutch, rev the motor a bit and then let the clutch out. If it grabs suddenly then it's still in good shape, if it doesn't then it's worn out.

Quick Reply: New to the CTS-V world.