Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Idle clip of my exhaust setup...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Idle clip of my exhaust setup...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFHqPkxwWI&feature=plcp

First youtube upload. Lol Took the clip yesterday and figured id load it to show y'all what my exhaust currently sounds like.

Nothing fancy so don't get too excited. Ill get some better clips soon with whatever mufflers i decide to run on it.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i wouldnt bother with the corsas sounds good as it is. I have the corsas and cam and basically your package and its not worth it. Muff delete sounds just as good imo. Not sure what drone people are talking about since Ive never experienced it with the corsas but if its that bad maybe its worth it. Regardless with full boltons cant take this car past 4k or it sounds rediculous...Im kind of past the 16 year old fart canon phase and car is too loud imo
Old 05-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Car sounds good, look forward to hearing more.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh it sounds great at idle and even revving it but driving it around town sucks. When it hits that 1800-2000rpm range under load, it has that unavoidable and obnoxious hollow/blatty sound. Sounds good before that and after that in the RPM's but that blatty sound at that point is bad enough for me to want mufflers. Lol When i'm rippin into it, it sounds 100% beasty! No complaints there! But... If i just drive it normal, i'm in that obnoxious RPM range on a regular basis and it annoys the **** outta me. Drone is pretty bad on the highway too.

If i was basing it on the idle and WOT sound alone, i wouldn't change a thing!

Here are some pics of the Corsa sport mufflers and tips i bought. I planned to change the tips regardless because the stockers are ugly as sin and too small but at this point, im thinking mufflers would be a good choice too.

I bought these and started browsing clips on youtube of cam'd cars with headers, no cats an corsa and the sound varies from clip to clip. Of course the no drone would be AMAZING! But... I also want that vicious sound i like outside the car as well and if i have to deal with some drone to get it, i will. Thats the only reason i'm hesitant to install them. Some clips with my setup and the corsa sounds deep, vicious and crisp but then some sound hollow and higher pitched. I know its hard to tell what it will actually sound like with clip online due to other factors like recording device quality, computer speaker quality, etc.

So... Im on the fence about installing these or running different mufflers. Deciding between Borla stingers, GHL bullets or even finding a used magnaflow catback (after hearing whistler151's old car on youtube with basically my same setup which sounds great) and adding electric cutouts in the future.
Attached Thumbnails Idle clip of my exhaust setup...-corsa-1.jpg   Idle clip of my exhaust setup...-corsa-2.jpg   Idle clip of my exhaust setup...-corsa-3.jpg  

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 05-05-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

Did you get mufflers installed? I think you will still get a drone with the mufflers. You should add cutouts while your under there.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Not yet. Called the shop yesterday but it was already 1 and they were pretty busy. I'm going to get em installed tomorrow.

Im told it shouldnt drone with the corsa. Figured I'd get em welded in and see how I like it. Also found a used magnaflow catback for my car through a friend local so if I don't like the corsa, I'll just go with the magnaflow catback and add cutouts. Whistler151 had a cam and same exhaust setup as I do with the magnaflow catback and it sounds really good from the clips I've watched on YouTube. Either way... It's either corsa or magnaflow for me now.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, that thing is LOUD even idling in the driveway. I agree that must be a pain to drive around every day. It is begging for cutouts though. If it could sound like that with the flick of a switch--holy **** that would be amazing. I'd put some really quiet mufflers on it with cutouts.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah... It's obnoxious. Lol I'll see if I can get a buddy to drive my car and do some cruising clips and some fly bys so y'all can see how ridiculous it is. Weird thing is its most obnoxious just cruising around. Idle and WOT it sounds good and is tolerable. Lol

Cut outs for sure though. Leaning towards selling this corsa sport setup I have and just going magnaflow with cutouts. I figure the magnaflow will be less radical and deeper toned so with cutouts, it'll be best of both worlds.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have heard magnaflow drones...
Old 05-06-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Hmm... I might have to PM whistler151 and ask him how bad it was cause his setup on his old car is exactly what I'd have if I went magnaflow. I can handle a little drone but too much is no bueno... Lol
Old 05-06-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think there's going to be a specific resonance frequency of any setup. Whether or not that is drone is a different question.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Veteran

I know regardless what I run it will be heard from inside the car. That doesn't bother me. I actually like hearing it in the car to an extent. It's that deep annoying resonance/drone you get on the highway around 70 that I can't stand. On previous vehicles, I've just driven faster or slower to avoid it or turned the radio up. Lol But if I can avoid having to do that, it sure would be nice. Lol
Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like ****. I think Cole's car sounds better then that.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Lol! I would hope for his sake it sounds better since he won't be getting rid of it anytime soon and he'll be hearing it for years to come. If I can't get the sound I want, I'll just sell it and move on since my car will actually sell... Haha
Old 05-06-2012, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Lol! I would hope for his sake it sounds better since he won't be getting rid of it anytime soon and he'll be hearing it for years to come. If I can't get the sound I want, I'll just sell it and move on since my car will actually sell... Haha
Lol tahts funny, your cars sounds sick.....i do miss the hell out of the cammed sound haha!

BTW seeing and hearing your car, i can say with confidence its a solid 13 second car.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Lol tahts funny, your cars sounds sick.....i do miss the hell out of the cammed sound haha!

BTW seeing and hearing your car, i can say with confidence its a solid 13 second car.
Haha! Thanks man! This car has been a lot of fun so far. Much quicker and more fun to drive than my old one since it has the built rear in it. Just doesnt look as good... Yet! Lol I have a ported fast 92 and 90mm TB with nitrous outlet 92mm dual stage plate waiting to be installed. I'm about to order the fast fuel rails, 60# injectors, UD pulley and 160* stat and install everything at the same time so when I take it to g-force for the re-tune, it's all done in one trip. I may need a boost a pump though after all that. Not really sure at what point the stock fuel system isn't enough so I need to do some calling around to find out if I should find a boost a pump and install it too before the re-tune. Already have the drop springs and TF wheels waiting to go on. Just been lazy and havent installed them. I'll be doing that soon and ill make the other cosmetic changes I want to make to it soon as well.

And yup! Glad u could tell man! On drag radials, I managed to cut a 1.5 60 foot and barely got it in the 13's! haha Might have to come for that slobra soon... Lol

Quick Reply: Idle clip of my exhaust setup...