Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah... I don't think matching will be a big deal. Im having this guy paint the EC cowl hood and the new bumper both at the same time so if anything, he can just buff the fenders some or even do the whole car and it will be just fine. I've decided not to put it on insurance. I was going to but with the bumper already being off the car because i was intending to do the repair myself, i don't feel like dealing with the hassle i'm sure they will give me for disassembling the car already.

Found the cover on gmpartsdirect.com for $449. Emailed them since they dont have a phone number and im waiting for a quote on shipping. If i can get a brand new OEM cover to my door for $600 or less, ill be happy since my old one should bring $250 or so from someone who wants to mess with it. I figure ill throw it on craigs and someone with a base cts will want to do the swap.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Found a site called OEMbumpers.com that offers reconditioned OEM covers for the V for $410.99. After shipping ($45.95)... Its $456.94. Seems to be the best deal since a new OEM cover is $680 shipped from Weirparts.com.

I called and spoke to the lady at OEMBumpers.com and they are a body shop. She said the bumpers are all factory OEM parts and are inspected and certified before being sold. I'm assuming that maybe they come off cars that were wrecked in the rear and the front cover is used but still good. She said they strip them down to primer and sell them for the price i listed already prepped for paint or they offer to paint match the bumper to your paintcode/VIN before they send it for an additional $175. Doesn't seem like a bad price either way coming ready to install or even coming needing paint. My concern would be the paint quality more than the structural condition of the bumper and without seeing it before i'd get it, i'd almost rather buy it prepped and take it and have it painted by the same guy that will be painting my cowl hood.

Anyone used them or heard anything about them?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be scared to let them paint it.....2 main reasons.
1. Paint quality and shipping costs if it's not up to your standars NIGHTMARE.
2. Most aftermarket body pieces need some MAJOR twisting,bending, and all out *** beating to get the proper fit. I couldn't imagine doing this on a plastic piece that's already been sprayed.
Just my .02
Old 05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah... Im not going to have them paint it.

Actually called Luke and Lindsay Cadillac and depending on what shipping costs, i might just order it new and be done. More than i wanted to spend but at least it'll be brand new and done 100% right. He's cutting me a bit of a deal so I'm hoping i can get out the door for a reasonable amount.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Teching In

http://www.partstrain.com/store/deta...location=Front
Old 05-24-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn! Thats cheap! Wonder what shipping would be? Only thing that kinda scares me is that the pics are of the standard CTS bumper. Knowing they are interchangeable, im hoping they arent listing the cts bumper for the V like some people do on ebay.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Said **** it and ordered a brand new cover from Luke and Lindsay. Should be here in a week along with my EC cowl hood. Just got all my lights smoked and grills painted black. Ordering the HID's and LED's come Monday to put em all in. Then I gotta throw those true forged satin black staggered 20's on it with the drop and all the other performance **** I have in the garage waiting to be installed and get it retuned. Black interior will be here wednesday. Car will be sick very soon!

If I don't dig the look of the forged wheels, I'll sell em and just coat my stockers black or find some black CCW's.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Default Painted stockers

Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??-img_0141-1-.jpg

Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??-img_0140-1-.jpg

Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??-img_0137-1-.jpg
I had mine painted hyper black metallic you can't really see it in the pics but it has some silver metallic. Had fixrim do it the guy came to the house with a truck with a down draft paint both and all the stuff to remove and remount the tires. He pulled, repaired two of them, painted, balanced reinstalled all at the house for $510.

Last edited by AF_John; 05-25-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: add pics
Old 05-25-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

AF John...Call me a tard, but what color is your car? Doesn't look black???
Old 05-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Teching In

thunder gray chromaflair was only available for 2007. Only like 89 with black interior made
Old 05-25-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

I think that's the first one I've ever seen. BADASSSSSS indeed. Good lookin ride. I have to admit I'm on here twice as much now that I sold my V than I was when I had it. Separation anxiety?? LOL
Old 05-25-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Veteran

AF John... Car looks sick man! Love that thunder Grey and the wheels look black in the pics but I'm sure u can see the flake in them in person. Price isn't bad at all for him coming to you and doing all of that. I have a local powdercoater that does a bad *** job and does it cheap but I do my own dismount and remount at discount tire.

I'm going to throw the staggered 20's on the car and if I like the fit, I'll take those to Powdercoat and have em taken apart and done whatever color I wish. If I don't like em, I'll sell em and do my stockers satin or gloss black.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Bama... Buy another one! Lol

Gerrr on here has a thunder Grey with black interior. It's slammed on coilovers with ccw sp600's that have been powdercoated satin black. He had his grills painted black as well. Looks sick!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

I've had to put things on hold...My daughter's starting high school in August. I'm hoping for a V2 when she graduates......IFFFF I can hold out that long LOL.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

I hear ya man! V2 is by far my number one choice for my next car. My buddy has a black 09 V and it's the fastest V in the world at this time but still a complete daily. Lol made 1104 on the dyno a month ago and when they ran it, it went 9.79 in the 1/4 and it was only making 950 then. Ive driven it a few times and you'd think it was stock other than the cam abd exhaust until u mash the pedal and fishtail all over the place at 75 lol it's nasty!!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Thanks glad you all like it. The rim fix guy will do it for $100 each if you are just going black and no damage.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Launching!

AF I think we need to see a few more pics of your car. I wanna see more of that paint.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Where are u located? My stock wheels have a couple rash spots from the previous owner. Mostly just the passenger front that's bad but it's not deep. Just surface rash around the very edge. Sure it could be sanded down smooth/fixed pretty easy. I do have a couple very small ding marks on my true forged wheels. The very outer lip on one of the wheels got nicked a couple times in shipping. Nothing major but I wanna have them touched up cause the rest of the wheels are perfect. If ur here in Houston area, I'll use that guy.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Thunder grey was my favorite for the longest time. Hardly ever see them on the road. I think I've seen one in person in the last couple years since I've been in the V scene. I like that it was an 07 specific color and there was such a small amount made with black interior.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Teching In

I'm located in Palm bay Florida. But fixrim is a franchise here's a link to the one Houston. Give'em a call see what he can do. http://www.fixrim.com/houston.php
I'll clean up my V and start a thread with pictures soon.

Quick Reply: Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??