Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Factory Service Manual – Soft Copy

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Service Manual – Soft Copy

Does anyone have one? Please PM me if you do not mind sharing.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be intersted as well, wouldn't. Mind kicking in a few bucks for someones trouble
Old 06-08-2012, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Not sure if what I have is service manual but it covers regular CTS and V. Has troubleshooting and such.

PM me your email and I will send to you. It is 150M pdf file.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Woops, just noticed mine is for 06-7 6.0 engine.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

That's fine
Old 06-08-2012, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Sorry for the problems guys' hopefully the last link works !!!!

I'M not the most computer literate guy in the world !! LOL
Old 06-09-2012, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the factory service manual for an 04. It's 3 huge books and probably 1,500 pages! I think it was like $80. Great to have for sure
Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Hey any chance I could get a copy also?
Old 06-09-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

if someone has a file host/ftp i can use, i can post up the 600 mb zip of pdf files.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Teching In

How about google docs?

http://support.google.com/docs/bin/a...&answer=151563
Old 06-09-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the actual factory service software on a virtual machine that I would be happy to share if anybody is interested. You have to understand how to install and use a VM virtual machine which is easy if you are computer savvy.

The software is cool because you can look up by VIN, not only does it have the full owners manual and most of the GM bulletins, but also has the full factory service manual which is broken into sections and fully searchable. Step by step diagrams, wiring and routing locations, service intervals, fluid capacities, torque specs, everything you can think of.

You can also use it for all other GM cars and I think it goes up to cars in 2008, will have to double check.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Teching In

I would be interested in it do you have an ISO?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldnt mind getting it also
Old 06-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Could I get it as well.. Looking to pick up a 09 V by the end of this year!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

+1. . . is there a .iso torrent out there?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright Fellas I have it hosted here:

http://home.ellioth3771.operaunite.com/file_sharing/

The password is - 01no

In order for the link to work I have to keep Opera up and running on my computer so I will leave it up and running for 3 days, if you need it after that then just send me a PM.

When you login you will see that I have two different versions of the manual, one in PDF and one it the server software. Also included are two different versions of the parts guides, one is a searchable pdf and the others are jpg images.

Here is my long description of the software and how it works which I posted on the cadillac forums, if you have any questions post them in this thread so everyone can see them and I will answer them for you:

The software is the way to go if you can figure it out. You can look up your car by VIN or by type (note when looking up your car by type it only lists CTS not CTS-V, but the CTS includes all the CTS-V stuff as well.) Not only does this software have the factory service shop manual, but it also includes the owners manual and all the technical service bulletins that only GM techs are supposed to see. It breaks down the repairs by sections and also has a search function that you can type in what you need to work on. Basically this software has the ability to walk you through any repair you ever need to do.

One thing to note is if you need to print a pdf out of the software you need to print it with the installed pdf printer in the virtual server, save it to a folder location you can find. It will print a pdf file that will look all jacked, just a bunch of symbols but don't sweat. Once you have the printed file just grab the file with your mouse and drag it out of the virtual server onto the desktop of your computer and drop it. It will then move the pdf to your computer (outside the virtual server) and it will go from a bunch of symbols to the a real pdf file that looks exactly like you were looking at on the screen. Works like a charm, but it took me a while to figure that one out.

So in a nutshell VMware is a free software to create a virtual server. A virtual server is esentially a computer within a computer, so when you run the VMware software on your computer it's as if you are booting up a separate computer within your own computer. Download all the files in the folder first to one location on your computer than run the "autorun.exe" file. Also included is a Installation and Operators manual for the software which should walk you through the steps. If you have trouble, just install the VMware player software and run the files in the GM software folder from within the VMware software.

The password for the database is Login: Chevrolet - Password:USA418589, now there is a step here that you need to do because I forgot the original password for the Cadillac login. Once you are logged in on the virtual machine as the Chevrolet user, go to the control panel in the virtual machine windows and then click on "user accounts". In there you will see Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Hummer, Isuzu, Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Saturn. Click on Cadillac and then click on "change the password". Change it to something easy (while you're in there you can change the password for all the other car types as well in-case your buddy has a Hummer or your girlfriend has a Saturn now you have factory service manuals for all these types). Once the password is changed, log out of the Chevy user then login with Login:Cadillac and Password:Whatever you changed it to.

Enjoy!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:30 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is bad ***! Thanks for providing this for everyone, I will hit you up for sure when I get home. Thanks!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Any way you could provide a zip file. I see that all the files have to be individually downloaded. Thanks BTW!!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soulja
Any way you could provide a zip file. I see that all the files have to be individually downloaded. Thanks BTW!!
Yeah I'll zip them when I get home, I tried to do it just now but for some reason the VPN connection to my home pc from work is going super slow. I also noticed there are duplicates in the pdf factory manual, I will fix that as well tonight.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

etctc-v - so let me clarify... can I just download the pdfs and not the software and still be able to view the pdfs? All I plan on doing is getting the pdfs and then printing them all out into a binder.

Quick Reply: Factory Service Manual – Soft Copy