Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Drove Part-Way Across the County and Back

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drove Part-Way Across the County and Back

I just got back from a two month AF course in Alabama and thought I would post some V feedback.

Total miles: 3713
Current Odometer: 112,4XX
Return Trip: 1529.6 miles
MPG: 25.1
Avg Speed: 70.0 MPH

Even with the hot, humid weather down there, there's noticeably more power than up here at 6000 feet. It sucks to be back in that regard. Also, my diff whine is getting ridiculously loud (still on the original as far as I know. I've had it since 76,000 miles). Other than that and increasingly worse driveline slop, the only two issues I had were the damn oil temp grounding issue and the clutch position sensor. Luckily that bong isn't that loud because it pretty much was reading 300 degrees plus the whole trip there and back. Annoying as hell. Also, after having a few issues with it in the past, my sensor finally gave out on me after some stop-n-go traffic in St Louis. I had to push start the car the rest of the way down. A pain and embarrassing.

All and all, I'm still happy with this car after 4.5 years ownership, almost 40,000 miles (I had another one before this one), and 30 some track days.

Now it's time to replace some stock parts that I'm sure are on their last leg.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Thanks for posting some good feedback about the long road trip. Good to see some other members here with some miles on their rides. I had my old V for over 2 years. Bought it with just under 100k and sold it with 128k on it. No issues with that car at all other than the steering wheel position sensor going bad but I just disabled traction control everytime I drove it and had no issues. Still running strong as my buddy now owns the car. 83k miles on my current V and loving it! Can't beat these cars for what you can get them for now. Honestly, as much as I love the V2, I really like the styling and body lines of the V1. Not to say its even close to being as nice as the V2 with the updated interior, etc but it's still a sexy car. Keep on truckin man! I'm pretty sure with how little I owe on this car now, I'll most likely pay it off and keep it forever. Only thing I'd like to do is eventually put a built 408 in it and a built tranzilla 6060 but the rear is already done and a lot of other things have been replaced and upgraded. Car looks brand new again with the EC cowl hood and new front bumper cover I recently had painted and installed. I love this car!

Quick Reply: Drove Part-Way Across the County and Back