Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2005 Cts-v help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Cts-v help!

hello fellow members, i have a recently bought a 05 cts-v and must i say car just drives like crap. i took it to a mechanic and they told me, i needed motor mounts, transmission mounts, and possibly differential mounts. what mounts do you guys recommend. thanks guys hope you guys can help me out.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd suggest umi engine mounts just based off of what I own. I've talked to the guys at creative steel, and while I don't have any hands on experience with any of their products, the team there is great, and max is always on here looking for someone to help. I remember someone bought his first mounts, one went bad as he sold the car, and max offered to have that someone get in touch with the buyer for him so max can send him new mounts.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Staging Lane

First what makes it drive like crap? Why do these mounts need to be replaced? Are they stock that are worn or is it because there are urethane mounts already there and you feel everything?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Engineers designed a cadillac, not a race car so all the oem mounts are made for comfort not a long life. Swap em out with umi or creative steel and be done with it. Motor mounts, trans mount, diff bushing, diff block, shifter bushings, a new clutch(ls7/ls9) and maybe a short throw or modded shifter will make a world of difference.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
Engineers designed a cadillac, not a race car so all the oem mounts are made for comfort not a long life. Swap em out with umi or creative steel and be done with it. Motor mounts, trans mount, diff bushing, diff block, shifter bushings, a new clutch(ls7/ls9) and maybe a short throw or modded shifter will make a world of difference.
I think we all understand this but my point is what's crap about the ride? Was he expecting a Cadillac or a sports car. If your expecting a Cadillac and it has sporty mounts then it could be crappy ride or if you were expecting a sports car from Cadillac and you find out its a Cadillac with a fast engine you might think its crappy.. the problem wasn't explained.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by marquitos
hello fellow members, i have a recently bought a 05 cts-v and must i say car just drives like crap. i took it to a mechanic and they told me, i needed motor mounts, transmission mounts, and possibly differential mounts. what mounts do you guys recommend. thanks guys hope you guys can help me out.
Get the Creative Steel motor mounts, transmission mount and rear diff bushing and rear diff block.

If you want a sportier, rougher feel, then get the UMI motor mounts. Stick with Creative Steel for everything else.

We all have to do this eventually. Your car will be fine once you have these items replaced.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:11 AM

well i bought the car and always thought it was the diff ones.. but no i put my clutch in and makes a lil clunk i shift gear let go of clutch while steeping on that gas clunk hits all time.. i hear everything when shifting or just slowing down then steeping on the gas a lil.. and well mechanic check it out. and he did the brake gas test to check motor mounts.. and yeah there out. also with my diff ones and tranny he said because he check it. so the cs ones you guys recommend? i mean when i do drive my other cars. i put them always to the test so what you recommend?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With UMIs, the CS trans mount brought out too many vibes. I'm on the way back to a stock mount with UMIs. With CS or Revshift motor mounts, I can easily see the CS being the better option vs the stock trans mount.

I'd also go CS diff bushing. Odds are the front bushing is shot to hell.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by marquitos
well i bought the car and always thought it was the diff ones.. but no i put my clutch in and makes a lil clunk i shift gear let go of clutch while steeping on that gas clunk hits all time.. i hear everything when shifting or just slowing down then steeping on the gas a lil.. and well mechanic check it out. and he did the brake gas test to check motor mounts.. and yeah there out. also with my diff ones and tranny he said because he check it. so the cs ones you guys recommend? i mean when i do drive my other cars. i put them always to the test so what you recommend?
We already told you what you need. The situation you describe is typical with these cars and the cure is obvious.

Quick Reply: 2005 Cts-v help!