Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Early Christmas - CTSV 9" kits on sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Early Christmas - CTSV 9" kits on sale

After many emails and phone calls we have been persuaded to put our 9" kits on sale for this month.

If your wanting the ultimate bullet proof differential up-grade then look no further.

Our kit replaces everything from the transmission back.
You get the following:
  • 1 piece or 2 piece driveshaft (your choice)
  • Gforce Engineering fabricated 9" IRS housing, brackets and all hardware
  • Gforce Engineering 35 spline inner axle stubs (yea, they are huge)
  • Gforce Engineering 1400hp anti wheel hop axles
  • Gforce Engineering CTSV outer stubs
  • Strange Engineering Pro-Iron heavy duty pumpkin
  • Strange Engineering 35 spline S-Trac posi unit
  • Your Choice of gears, anything from 3.00 to 6.00 (most go with 3.50, 3.73 or 3.90)
  • The Strange Pumpkin will come completely set up with your gears ready to run

There are a few different options so if you need something other then what is listed then let us know.

The kit with the options listed above is normally $6698.
For the month of December we will be selling the kit for $5999.
We also have no payments, no interest for 6 months available through our web site.

The Gforce Engineering Lifetime warranty covers all of the Gforce Engineering manufactured parts plus the Strange Engineering S-Trac posi also comes with a Lifetime warranty.

There is some fab work you have to do on the cradle to clear the larger cv joints but other then that, it's a bolt in kit that fits and performs like OEM quality.

Give us a call or email if you have any questions.

Click here to see the kit on our web site
http://www.shop.gforce1320.com/produ...&categoryId=13

Thanks
Chris @ Gforce
316-260-8433

Old 12-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Damn, if only income was here. No payments? Thats a tough one being us casual guys dont have 6 grand laying around.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
The quality of those parts is great, but I have to believe there's $3000-4000 worth of profit built into that price. Hence I'll never buy one, simply out of principle.
Good grief, let the man advertise his product, and let him worry about supply & demand. I agree, the quality appears excellent!

What's the warranty on those CV's?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
Good grief, let the man advertise his product, and let him worry about supply & demand. I agree, the quality appears excellent!

What's the warranty on those CV's?
I could only wish I had that much profit in these kits! If a business cant make a profit then it wouldnt (couldnt) be in business.

CV joints carry a 2 year year warranty. If they happen to wear out we will replace them free of charge.

Thanks
Chris
Old 12-08-2012, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

While it is expensive, I don't think it's a bad deal by ANY stretch of the imagination. Hell, the wheel hop axles I bought were 500 bucks, which if is any indication of the quality of the products listed in this first post, would mean this is a kick *** setup. The strange 9 inch alone is 1,000 bucks.

This is an expensive *** hobby, and you gotta pay to play.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:32 AM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

The strange posi track is $1k by itself. Very reputable company and new product. G-Force still had to engineer/ fabricate the rear top unit to the av and perform the required install to ensure all parts associated with the install are in the kit. The Madman diff cam with less and similar cost. With the fab that has to be done with the madman and limited people that can do it, G-Forces kit outweighs at other kit.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I must say though, for sex appeal...CS 8.8 vs G-force 9".....9"
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

What I have come to accept is that when you have a car with such low production numbers you are lucky there is any aftermarket. I didn't realize how few of these cars were out there until I got mine. I do a lot of restoration work as well as customizing. It sucks when you have to pony up $4000 for a numbers distributor or rear end housing. At least with these parts all you have to do is worry about paying for them.

One thing is though the center section housing. Wouldn't this be a common piece to any 9 inch conversion with the difference being what brackets were welded to it? The front piece is bolt on and go. The axles and drive shaft probably account for $2000 worth of the price of the kit. I would think that a option would be a partial kit without the axles or drive shaft and let the end user do some of their own legwork and fab. Don't take this like I am trying to hate I think we all would like to have one of these.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
So where does the other $5,000 come from? You can build an 8.8 with brand new parts for about $2,500, which is about right for a $14-18k car, and is overkill for most of the CTS-Vs out there. I guess my point is that there's no doubt that this is a quality piece of engineering, I can't see the business case for making it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love one. But I'd need to spend $20,000 on the motor, suspension, and a blower first before this would be necessary. And if I were going to do that, I'd buy a V2 and not need this thing at all.
No problem on wondering where the costs are. I'll break it down for you and then I think you will see that it isnt that bad of deal.

Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft = $999.
Strange Engineering 35 Spline S-Track in a Strange Pro-Iron pumpkin, pre built and ready to drop in = $1699.
Gforce CNC machined, CNC press braked, completely tig welded and jig located fabricated housing to bolt into a CTSV = $1400.
Gforce Billet 35 Spline inner stubs = $900.
Gforce 1400hp axles = $900.
Gforce CTSV Billet outer stubs = $600.
All bushings, brackets and hardware = $250.

That all comes to $6748.
You also get a Lifetime warranty on all the Gforce plus the Strange posi unit.

Is it a crap load of money? Sure as hell is, is it way over priced? Hell no, not when you consider the costs involved in running a business, paying employees, insurance, R&D development costs and so on.
The CTSV kits are no more expensive then the Camaro or G8 kits and we sell the hell out of them.

Thanks
Chris
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thread has been cleaned up. If you guys want to question the price feel free to use PMs to the necessary members to get your questions answered.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

damn gforce 9" irs or a 4 link 9" solid axle? fml i hate decisions
Old 12-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gforce Engineering
No problem on wondering where the costs are. I'll break it down for you and then I think you will see that it isnt that bad of deal.

Dynotech 3.5" Driveshaft = $999.
Strange Engineering 35 Spline S-Track in a Strange Pro-Iron pumpkin, pre built and ready to drop in = $1699.
Gforce CNC machined, CNC press braked, completely tig welded and jig located fabricated housing to bolt into a CTSV = $1400.
Gforce Billet 35 Spline inner stubs = $900.
Gforce 1400hp axles = $900.
Gforce CTSV Billet outer stubs = $600.
All bushings, brackets and hardware = $250.

That all comes to $6748.
You also get a Lifetime warranty on all the Gforce plus the Strange posi unit.

Is it a crap load of money? Sure as hell is, is it way over priced? Hell no, not when you consider the costs involved in running a business, paying employees, insurance, R&D development costs and so on.
The CTSV kits are no more expensive then the Camaro or G8 kits and we sell the hell out of them.

Thanks
Chris

You dont owe that guy any reply, you can charge $10K if you want, its YOUR business. If he doesnt have the money for the big boy toys tell him to move on and put some more angel eyes and LEDs on his V.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Teching In

That quality looks top notch! Thanks for the solution guys!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

any dragstrip or action videos with setup in h/c/i or blower cars?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn that is a sexy kit, my only worry, how would Santa get it down the chimney?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

If santa has to break through my front door like the cool aid guy for this one I'm ok with it. If I didn't have an 88 in there I would be all over this. Pay to play in the cadillac sandbox.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
If santa has to break through my front door like the cool aid guy for this one I'm ok with it. If I didn't have an 88 in there I would be all over this. Pay to play in the cadillac sandbox.
make a deal on the 8.8...and then the 9 is yours. im sure someone would snag your 88
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by I8URSVT
make a deal on the 8.8...and then the 9 is yours. im sure someone would snag your 88
I would love to, but that money is just going in the 427 ls3 build jar.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Any chance of a holiday sale on the wheel hop axle pair kit also?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

I think the cheapest I could piece that kit together myself would be 3-4k, thats hoping I get all good parts. You gotta remember this guy spends time making sure your product will work right, you get good parts, and everything looks clean and professional. I think the price is fair for the time and extra work he put into this package.

Quick Reply: Early Christmas - CTSV 9" kits on sale