Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

UMI Motor Mounts Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI Motor Mounts Review

Well I ordered a plethora of bushings on Black Friday. UMI Motor Mounts, Revshift Cradle Bushings, Transmission Block, Trailing Arm Bushings, and Differential Bushing. Did the motor mounts and transmission block this morning. Total it took about 5 hours because they didn't state in the instructions that you had to remove the starter (or AC compressor) in order to get the pass side bolt in.

Overall impression; F-in great!!! Whoever complains about vibrations from these mounts must have a sensitive ******* or something lol. The power delivery is alot smoother, and it definitely feels more connected to the chassis. I still get a slight shudder from turning the car off (still have the dual mass flywheel) but overall its definitely worth the time. I'll be doing the trailing arm bushings, cradle bushings, and differential bushing in the near future (preferably before the holidays). Sorry no pictures this time, but I'll definitely remember to take some for at least the cradle bushings.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right on! Did you drop the exhaust to do the transmission block?

I just did my Revshift motor mounts today, I got them all in without removing the AC compressor or the starter, did you leave the dipstick attached? The driver's side mount was by far the harder one for me ...

I agree about the vibrations.... or lack thereof. It purrs like a kitten now, totally removed all the vibes I had with the stock (and disintegrated) mounts.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Some of the people that are worried about vibes have an aftermarket cam. You got one?

I have the umi mounts and they are great, no real intrusive vibes but im still stock in terms of a cam.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

LMAO The only time I got heavy vibrations was with a CS trans mount. I JUST did the Revshift mount with these Motor mounts, and definitely perfect.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't drop the exhaust for the trans block (magnaflow x pipe) but it did fight me for a couple minutes. When in doubt, a 36"+ prybar usually solves it.

Cam is still stock for right now. I'll be pulling the ROSE cam out of the impala, and throwung in the V in the near future.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't have to remove the starter or the AC compressor to put the mounts in for the P-Side bolt. You just have to have the cross bolt installed before mounting to the block.

I think the level of vibrations you notice depends on what you are use to driving. I noticed them when i put my UMI mounts in (pre and post LS7 flywheel), but they are not really objectionable for a performance car (and in the passenger seat I don't notice them at all)
Old 12-16-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Fuzzy. Wish i knew that before I put them in, but its in now lol. I guess you're right, its all subjective, but these are in no way objectionable in my eyes.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

This probably goes without saying, but the driver is constantly connected to the drivetrain of the car in at least three ways that the passenger is not (four when you've got your foot on the clutch).

I suggest, on a going-forward basis, that we identify the location of the vibration as well as its magnitude. Unless perceptible vibration is being transmitted through the frame of the car, the passenger won't feel it.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
This probably goes without saying, but the driver is constantly connected to the drivetrain of the car in at least three ways that the passenger is not (four when you've got your foot on the clutch).

I suggest, on a going-forward basis, that we identify the location of the vibration as well as its magnitude. Unless perceptible vibration is being transmitted through the frame of the car, the passenger won't feel it.
This is a good idea. It may help some get away with the "wife test" if they only ride as a passenger
Old 12-17-2012, 08:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Glad to hear
The UMI motor mounts are the best improvement to my 06 V to date. I can actually drive the car over dips and speed bumps after a year of holding up traffic.

Quick Reply: UMI Motor Mounts Review